Reprinted from TrustedPeer
Meet the Expert
- More than 30 years in the high tech industry, including 17 years in management and 14 years in science and engineering, working for companies such as Hewlett-Packard, Agilent Technologies, Keithley Instruments, Tektronix and Danaher Corp.
- Experience spans a wide range of industries (semiconductors and other discrete devices, materials research, test and measurement, wireless, medical products and software) and a diverse set of technologies (electronics, optics, acoustics and magnetics).
- Specializes in corporate and product strategy, project portfolio management and fast cycle time product development. Also, highly experienced in NPI processes and R/D metrics, creating an innovation culture, cross-geographic development and manufacturing, project valuation, project platform management, talent acquisition and management, change management, and acquisition targeting, valuation and roadmap integration.
- MBA in management from Case Western Reserve University and MA in physics from University of California, Davis.
Session Packages from $400
Your Expert Package Includes:
- All 10 Best Practices
- Pre-Call Discovery Process
- One-on-One Call with Expert
- Session Summary Report
- Post-Session Engagement
Balancing the Project Portfolio to Reflect Corporate Objectives
- This page on the Project Management Institute's website describes certification in project portfolio management.
- Project Management Institute Pulse of the Profession In-Depth Report: Portfolio Management
- Project Management Institute Report: The Power of Portfolio Management
- This Harvard Business Review article from February 2009 by Sam Bodley-Scott and Alan P. Brache describes how PPM can help a business decide which initiatives it should implement.
- Another Harvard Business Review piece, this one by Bansi Nagji and Geoff Tuff, addresses managing innovation through PPM.
- Link at Amazon to a great book on the topic: "The Smart Organization: Creating Value Through Strategic R&D" by David Matheson and James E. Matheson
Balancing the Project Portfolio to Reflect Corporate Objectives: Resources