Meet the Expert
Managing Partner, Riverside Global Advisors
- As consultant and senior advisor with BFinance and Riverside Global Advisor, provides strategic financial advice to corporate clients on issues related to capital structure, debt financing, working capital management and on optimizing the holistic corporate client-bank relationship.
- Senior corporate banker with 26+ years experience building market share and driving profitability for leading international financial services companies. Customers spanned the manufacturing, consumer products, hospitality, and health care sectors.
- Has led diverse teams across multiple continents in developing and adapting innovative products to solve a variety of international financing needs.
Session Packages from $475
Your Expert Package Includes:
- All 7 Best Practices
- Pre-Call Discovery Process
- One-on-One Call with Expert
- Session Summary Report
- Post-Session Engagement
Risks & Opportunities
RisksA company that fails to make informed bank selection, strategy and management decisions faces the following risks:
- The company is unable to leverage its banking services and fees to maximum advantage.
- Because the company works with only one bank, it leaves itself vulnerable to external and internal shifts that could affect its access to credit.
- Working with more than one bank, the company does not maintain the right mix of bank services to ensure ongoing and affordable access to credit.
- The company gets blindsided by regulatory changes that it should have anticipated.
- The company is a "small fish in a big pond" at a bank that does not value its business very highly.
- The company makes important financial decisions based on incomplete or obsolete information.
- Because the company does not keep its banking partners informed when problems develop, their banking partners can't help the company in a crisis.
- The company has no ongoing trusted banking relationship where it can get advice and craft solutions.
OpportunitiesA company that makes informed bank selection, strategy and management decisions can enjoy a number of advantages:
- By getting banks to compete for its business, the company obtains better deals on banking products and services.
- Because it maintains the right mix of products at each bank, the company can maximize its access to affordable credit and other key banking services.
- The company is able to anticipate and adjust to the changes created by new banking regulations before these ever become a problem.
- The company works only with banks that genuinely value its business.
- Because it regularly assesses its banking relationships, the company keeps them all at peak performance.
- Because the company keeps its banking partners fully informed, those banks are better able to help the company weather any storm.
Bank Selection, Strategy and Relationship Management: Risks & Opportunities