Meet the Expert
Principal and Founder, Leader Creative
- 35 years experience in strategic branding, logo design and identity management with major international branding consultancies and as owner/principal of Leader Creative.
- Clients have include FedEx, Hawaiian Airlines, Walt Disney Company, the NCAA, Motorola, Cigna, Ryder Systems, GlobeCast, and Hanley Wood.
- Recipient of the 2014 5th Annual Tribeca Disruptive Innovation Award and a Fellow of the Disruptor Foundation.
- Leader's work is included in the permanent collection of the Smithsonian Institution, and his FedEx logo was cited in the May 2003 Rolling Stone magazine twenty-fifth anniversary issue as one of the eight best American identities of the preceding twenty-five years.
- Design director for the Los Angeles Olympic Organizing Committee, 1983-84.
Session Packages from $400
Your Expert Package Includes:
- All 9 Best Practices
- Pre-Call Discovery Process
- One-on-One Call with Expert
- Session Summary Report
- Post-Session Engagement
Success in corporate identity management requires people with these attributes:
- A well-rounded education (liberal arts preferred).
- Several years experience in corporate communications.
- Thorough knowledge of marketing trends and multimedia platforms.
- Broad understanding of corporate identity principles and trends.
- Solid knowledge of the creative process and design principles
- Ability to examine assumptions and data objectively.
- Ability to align decisions with corporate vision and goals.
- Ability to transcend internal politics.
- Ability to distinguish objective aesthetics from personal taste.
- Views change as an opportunity, not a threat.
- Collaborates well with other departments and executive management.
- Effectively delegates and can manage multiple tasks.
- Manages challenging situations and recommends effective solutions.
- Not willing to sacrifice critical processes for the sake of time and money.
- Values employee input as an integral part of the identity process.
- Good writing and presentation skills.
- Listens carefully and has strong communication skills.
- Ability to get along with all personality types.
- An open mind.
Brand Strategy and Corporate Identity Design: Skills