- 40 years of experience founding, running, investing in, lending to, and advising small and middle-market companies
- In-depth marketing and management experience, having founded, run, and served in senior executive positions for two companies
- 10 years in senior positions in private funds, providing equity and subordinated debt to privately held, middle-market companies
- 9 years as an investment banker, providing advisory services to privately held-middle market companies
- All 8 Best Practices
- Pre-Meeting Discovery Process
- One-on-One Call with Expert
- Meeting Summary Report
- Post-Meeting Engagement
Financing and Liquidity - Options for Middle Market Companies
Risks & Opportunities
Owners of small- and middle-market businesses who fail to understand the financing options available to them risk having to rely on the limited financial offerings available to them from commercial banks. They risk missing out on opportunities to create maximum value of their companies through a recapitalization and later sale. They may miss the opportunity to pull cash out of their business to diversify personal assets and may not be able to take advantage of the full range of options available that could enable them to award dividends to shareholders, buy out passive investors and leverage their long-time investments in their companies.
On the other hand, owners who do use a broader team of business advisers -- accountants acceptable to investors, attorneys experienced in current financing and M&A structures, and investment bankers with deep knowledge of the private capital markets -- put themselves in a position to be able to find appropriate ways to fund greater company growth, finance acquisitions, build value, and provide partial or full liquidity for the shareholders. These experts can explore the options that are available to achieve shareholder objectives by guiding a company smoothly through complex transactions and by negotiating the highest possible price on the best terms in an appropriate transaction. Putting your company in the position to leverage this expertise will allow you to better meet your business and personal goals.