Meet the Expert
Director/Partner, CLIA Consulting
- Current research focuses on two main areas – cross-cultural competence and business internationalization, particularly medium-sized companies. Recent focus emerging from these two fields is new forms of open, collaborative, user-led innovation and their impact on business growth and social networks.
- Fluent in French and German and knows the institutional infrastructure supporting business entry in Europe's largest markets.
- Work exploits the links between foreign language competence, intercultural competence and international management processes.
- Led projects funded by UK government, the European Commission and the OECD, mainly researching small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). Currently involved in a European project looking at obstacles to SME penetration of the assistive technologies market.
- Consulted on exporting, business growth strategy, international HR strategy and innovation.
Session Packages from $500
Your Expert Package Includes:
- All 7 Best Practices
- Pre-Call Discovery Process
- One-on-One Call with Expert
- Session Summary Report
- Post-Session Engagement
- Country Profile Analysis (CPA)
- A carefully-researched report that is specific to your sector and markets and includes data on country size, production figures, competitor analysis, consumer pricing and data, information on banking, currency, consumer tastes, and demographics.
- The process a corporation goes through in order to expand its operations and sales across national boundaries.
- Language general skills
- Language skills that aren't specific to a particular language per se but more relevant across languages. For example, having an understanding that to a certain extent, translation is always inadequate.
- Lingua franca
- A shared language that is adopted by a group of speakers who natively speak different languages.
- Political, Economic, Social, and Technological analysis, or a method in strategic management to describe a framework of environmental factors.
- Sectoral vocabulary
- Terms and phrases that are specific to certain commercial sectors (tech, manufacturing, food, etc.).
International Expansion and Development into Europe: Defined Terms