Meet the Expert
Chairman, SCC Sequoia
- 50-year career split 50/50 between serving as an IT executive and as an IT consultant.
- CIO for Xerox Data Systems, American President Lines, and Interim CIO for QANTAS, Lam Research, Tencor Instruments, Tri Valley Growers.
Session Packages from $600
Your Expert Package Includes:
- All 7 Best Practices
- Pre-Call Discovery Process
- One-on-One Call with Expert
- Session Summary Report
- Post-Session Engagement
Risks & Opportunities
RisksIT departments that don't operate with an eye on creating market-driven competitive advantages for the company risk:
- Losing importance and relevance.
- Becoming managers of IT procurement and maintenance.
- Reduced morale.
- Loss of flexibility.
- Inability to respond to rapidly changing market forces.
- Losing marketshare.
- Declining sales.
- Lost opportunities.
- Low-quality product development.
- Loss of speed.
- Loss of agility.
- Reduced capacity for growth.
- Business system problems, even approaching chaos.
- Expensive system overhauls.
OpportunitiesIT departments that successfully create market-driven competitive advantages for the company can:
- Become central to companywide strategic planning.
- Create collaborative platforms within a company.
- Build improved business processes.
- Create product differentiation.
- Build on success for future successes.
- Identify market opportunities more readily.
- Improve product development and marketing activities.
- Grow sales and market share.
- Seize first-to-market opportunities.
- Create competitive advantages.
- Command premium prices for products.
Management of IT for Competitive Advantage: Risks & Opportunities