Meet the Expert
Senior Advisor, The Bridgespan Group
- More than 40 years experience in strategic and operating leadership.
- Works with clients on issues of strategy and scale across a wide range of fields; particularly active with national networks serving disadvantaged youth populations, public education, and voluntary health networks.
- Has worked with more than 30 networks, including Boys and Girls Clubs of America, Big Brothers Big Sisters of America, YMCA, America’s Promise Alliance, Communities in Schools, NatureServe, Alzheimer's Association, Salvation Army, National Academy Foundation, Public Education Network, and United Way Worldwide.
- Joined Bridgespan after 13 years in the biotechnology industry – as chief strategic officer of Organogenesis, the first company to successfully develop a living human skin replacement product; president and CEO of T Cell Sciences; VP marketing and business development for Biogen; EVP and chief strategic officer for Biocode; and chief strategic officer for ImmuLogic.
- Before entering the biotech industry, Alan was a manager at Bain & Company and spent 13 years in the diesel engine industry.
Session Packages from $400
Your Expert Package Includes:
- All 9 Best Practices
- Pre-Call Discovery Process
- One-on-One Call with Expert
- Session Summary Report
- Post-Session Engagement
Risks & Opportunities
RisksIf you don't have alignment in your nonprofit network, you risk:
- Not being able to implement policies across the network.
- Diluting your organization's brand.
- Losing support from funders because you can't consistently deliver results across the network.
- Not being able to successfully implement partnerships.
- Being excluded from new partnerships.
- Having good intentions dragged down by politics.
OpportunitiesIf you do have your nonprofit network properly aligned, the opportunities include:
- Sharing effective practices more quickly across the network.
- Attracting funders because your performance levels have increased.
- Doing more good for the people you care about at a lower cost.
- Attracting better management.
- Transforming internal disruptive noise into positive action.
Optimizing Alignment, Impact and Sustainability of Nonprofit Networks: Risks & Opportunities