Meet the Expert
Principal, Senior Consultant, Monkey Forest Consulting Ltd.
- 20 years working with communities undergoing complex social change on four continents, and nine years as a social assessor of extractive and agroforestry projects. Has helped dozens of extractive companies manage company/community dynamics and build strong relationships with their communities.
- Combines line management experience on billion-dollar mega projects with multinational director-level experience; guides investors and managers through international social performance standards.
- Projects in both Congos, Burkina Faso, Liberia, Guinea, Ethiopia, Mauritania, Turkey, Mongolia, Uzbekistan, South Africa, Madagascar, Peru, Chile, Panama, Guatemala, Bolivia, Indonesia, Vietnam, the Philippines, Canada, the United States, Sweden and New Caledonia.
- Experience resolving community-project conflict prompted his involvement in groundbreaking UN Global Compact work on conflict and revenue transparency.
Session Packages from $400
Your Expert Package Includes:
- All 6 Best Practices
- Pre-Call Discovery Process
- One-on-One Call with Expert
- Session Summary Report
- Post-Session Engagement
Success in social performance management requires the following skills:
- Experience working in developing countries and interacting with indigenous populations.
- Skills in cross-cultural communication.
- Language skills for international engagements.
- The ability to assess and analyze complex raw material about self-organizing community systems.
- The ability to conduct deep stakeholder analysis to identify all groups that would be affected by a project.
- The ability to design effective mitigations for issues to prevent conflicts with one or more stakeholder groups that could delay or stop a project.
Social Performance Management: Skills