An organization which prudently manages its financial position, protects the environment and respects all its stakeholders – including employees, suppliers and customers – is sustainable.
It has the capacity to endure and prosper.
While the concepts are simple, the execution and commitment required to innovate and drive sustainability initiatives through an organization cannot be underestimated.
- Senior Director, Environmental Business Services
- Goodwill operates as a network of 165 independent, community-based organizations in the U.S., Canada and 14 other countries. In 2011, Goodwills collectively earned more than $4 billion.
- Co-manage (with VP) Environmental Business Services (EBS) 150-person staff responsible for recycling, salvage, Outlet store, ComputerWorks, and eCommerce.
- Develop strategy, craft Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), evaluate process flows, and drive efficiencies throughout EBS operations.
- Program Manager for portions of the sustainability strategy and program implementation in a cross-functional, highly-collaborative environment.
- Interacted regularly with U.S. Office of Management and Budget and the Council on Environmental Quality to understand/interpret/fulfill Executive Order 13514 requirements.
Senior Product Marketing Manager
- Developed and managed the sustainability/environmental marketing strategy and program execution in support of product planning, development, and launch. Initiatives were driven by global marketing requirements, corporate responsibility goals, and included Energy Star compliance, recycling programs, and corporate/NGO partnerships.
- Led product marketing activities for peripheral devices in support of consumer and business-client products. Tasks included developing strategy, understanding the supply chain, building roadmaps, creating marcom/training documents, supporting sales, and briefing customers.
Environmental Program Manager
- Translated global environmental regulations for product marketing and other Dell teams.
- Managed environmental documentation/reporting commitments for assigned products.
- Developed a paper selection model for the worldwide procurement team that resulted in the purchase of more environmentally-preferred paper and approximately $1.5M in cost savings.
- WESTON is a leader in environmental, sustainable, and energy solutions, property redevelopment, design/build engineering and construction.
- Developed and managed environmental engineering projects for industrial and government clients.
- Developed marketing materials for programs receiving focus during fiscal year.
Water Conservation Manager - Served as the Oklahoma-Texas Area Office’s primary contact for water conservation.
- Austin Fit Magazine FITTEST - 2012, 2014, 2015
- Trigg and Fannie E. Twichell Centennial Endowed Presidential Scholarship in Civil Engineering
- Board of Directors, Goodwill Industries of Central Texas (2004 to 2010)
- The Claire Lee Chennault Foundation of the Flying Tigers - A Descendant Society, Vice President, Membership (2007 to 2010)
- Writers' League of Texas (2006 to 2008)
- Variety of educational roles while at the University of Texas, Austin
- The Capacity to Endure: Following Nature's Lead, MDPI: Sustainability, 2013
- Where Southern Cross the Dog, Emerald Book Company, 2010
- Dell Strategy for Reduction of Brominated Flame Retardants and Polyvinyl Chloride in Electronic Products, Proceedings: Electronics Goes Green 2008+, Merging Technology and Sustainable Development, September, 2008
- A Non-Profit, Municipality, Corporate Partnership: An Innovative Model for Collecting End-of-Life Electronics, Proceedings of the 2005 IEEE International Symposium on Electronics & the Environment, May, 2005
- U.S. Patent Office, Document Number: 20070225989, Dell Inc.
- U.S. Patent Office, Document Number: 20040140272, Weston Solutions, Inc.