Digital, Social and Content Marketing
One of the most vexing issues facing executives today is the phenomenon of social media. Social media has blurred the lines between the professional and personal lives of employees, resulting in a disruption in the traditional boundary between internal and external company information.
Any organization wishing to utilize the platforms, technologies, methods and behaviors can be successful only by going in with a plan. Companies are now adopting what is now commonly known as a social business model.
Taking a systematic and deliberate test-and-learn approach to social media promises the same kinds of competitive advantages afforded the early adopters of the World Wide Web.
- 25 years in advertising, direct mail, public relations and digital media, enabling successful launch of integrated social media and content programs
- SVP/Partner at FleishmanHillard, a global marketing communications firm with 80+ offices. Created the firm's integrated marketing strategy and services practice for Visa, Bayer, Kaiser Permanente, Electronic Arts, AT&T, AT&T Interactive (now YP), Hyatt
- Earlier clients include: AT&T, Jelly Belly Candy Company, Autodesk, Cisco, Sun, Ross Stores, Salesforce.com, John Muir Health, Hewlett Packard, Restoration Hardware, PeopleSoft, 21st Century Insurance
- The Electron Shop is a digital, social and content marketing agency that aligns marketing, communications and product efforts being disrupted by social media and customer co-creation trends.
- Clients include early stage and mid-size companies, as well as larger corporations and advertising or communications firms needing to add an integrated digital function.
- Launched and continuously grew digital offerings for global clients
- Created and structured digital P&L from scratch; built to multimillion-dollar practice at substantial margins
- Continuously grew integrated marketing offering, including paid digital media, web site design and build, social media strategy and management, creative services and production expertise in digital, print and video, and content marketing
- Served as primary strategist for integrated marketing plans
- Drove focus on measurable results with fluency in tools such as Radian6
- Recruited, organized, supervised and trained creative and flexible digital marketing professionals consistent with business plan
- Anticipated trends and provided vision to establish offerings as market demand emerged
- Digital marketing and strategy firm
- Grew company to $150MM in capitalized billings
- Garnered these recognitions: Inc. 500, Top 5 agency headquartered in the SF Bay Area, Top 150 Fastest Growing Privately Held Bay Area companies, 84 in the Top 100 U.S. Agency Brands by U.S. Gross Income (Ad Age), 66 in the Top 100 Interactive Agencies (AdWeek)
- Clients included: Autodesk, Salesforce.com, John Muir Health, Hewlett Packard, Restoration Hardware, Peoplesoft, Jelly Belly Candy Company, 21st Century Insurance
- Founding marketing director for Wild Packets, a leading developer of hardware and software solutions that drive network performance. WildPackets products are sold in over 60 countries
- Clients include more than 80 percent of the Fortune 1000
Academic HonorsCum Laude
- Recipient, “Point of Inspiration Award,” one of the 100 most inspirational graduates of the UCLA Anderson School of Management on the occasion of its 75th anniversary
- Inc. 500
- Top 5 marketing agency headquartered in the SF Bay Area
- Top 150 Fastest Growing Privately Held Bay Area companies
- 84 in the Top 100 U.S. Agency Brands by U.S. Gross Income (Ad Age)
- 66 in the Top 100 Interactive Agencies Worldwide (AdWeek)
- Client program awards include WebAwards, Web Health Award, Addies
- Winner, Monty McKinney Award for Excellence in Advertising from AAAA (American Association of Advertising Agencies)
- Board Member, The Foundation for America’s Blood Centers, 2010-2013
- Board Member, The Clear Ink Foundation, 1999-2001
- Chairman of the Board, Conversive Electrons, Inc., 2001-2009
- Board Member, Clear Ink Corporation, 1995-2000
- Silicon Valley American Marketing Association - Managing Your Career in Marketing
- Google and UCLA Anderson Alumni Network - Marketing: Then. Now. Next.
- Fleishman-Hillard Regional Leadership Conference - Best Practices in New Business Development
- Stanford University Innovation Journalism 8 - Algorithms and Antipathy: The Polarizing Nature Communications Today
- A-Team Advisors - Digital Marketing Training for Advertising Professionals
- Autodesk One Team Conference - Digital Marketing As A Competitive Advantage
- El Dorado Ventures Roundtable - The New World of Internet Marketing
- Autodesk Leadership Summit - Community Marketing: The New Paradigm
- Haas Graduate School of Business (UC Berkeley) - Advice for Multi-channel Marketers: Integrating Catalogs, Retail and eCommerce
What People Are Saying About David
Hollywood High: Achieve The Honorable