Sports marketing is an incredibly popular strategy for businesses trying to connect with their customers to sell either products or services.
It works because of the passion that sports generates on every level: local, regional, national and international.
The sports marketing landscape, however, is crowded, complex and expensive. The challenge for companies is to optimize the opportunity by making smart, cost-effective, cost-appropriate decisions.
Poor decisions about sports marketing literally can put companies out of business.
- Marketing founder of the EA SPORTS brand.
- EA Sports brand grew from $0 to a global #1 position with $1B in sales
- Developed strategy resulting in the iconic "It's in the game" tag line
- Brand/product marketing responsible for developing over 200 brand-defining TV commercials.
Skills and Expertise:
Or add more to the list.
- Nashville-based, project oriented marketing and advertising consultancy.
- Serve a broad range of lifestyle clients: beer, music, Soul Food Love soups/broth, music bottled water, high-end cocktail garnishes, dominant indy radio station, cigars, feature film drones, healthcare, new TN state museum, Nashville Antiques & Garden Show and more.
- Provide the full range of marketing/advertising services including naming, logo development, packaging, product distribution, pricing, merchandise design, website development, social media campaigns, advertising, event promotion: addressing the complete spectrum of client marketing/advertising needs.
- Flexible compensation model designed to address clients' unique financial situations. In addition to cash compensation, developed venture capital-like model based on human (marketing) capital and a sales-based compensaton plan.
- Manage marketing activities and sales rollout strategies.
- Active in developing and managing corporate relationships with major music companies.
- Leading significant company/product re-naming and re-branding initiative.
- Active with artist relations (not primary responsibility).
- Significant contributor in social media strategies and content creation
- Managed social media for 2,800 current and former NFL players
- Developed football training classes for youth and HS football players including the Manning Passing Academy featuring Archie, Peyton and Eli
- Officially licensed partner of the NFL Players Association
- Provided fan perspective on the league’s most important issues
- Ran Eagles Television Network
- Managed Eagles' in-stadium game day experience
- Created and produced four weekly Eagles TV shows
- Founding Partner of this sports marketing agency
- Clients include Reebok, Hasbro, Warrior/Brine Lacrosse, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Capitols
- VP - Sports Marketing and Brand Innovation
- Responsible for EA SPORTS’ original brand vision and positioning, image, logo, marketing and advertising that positioned EA SPORTS as the number one sports video game brand in the world.
- EA SPORTS is known for games like Madden NFL Football, FIFA, NBA Live, NCAA, Nascar and Tiger Woods PGA TOUR Golf.
- Founder of EA SPORTS Films in 2001 that later became known for the player in-game delivery of the brand tagline of “It’s in the Game.”
- LA Office of leading global advertising agency