Qualitative research is the search for a deeper understanding of human behavior, attitudes, opinions and perceptions.
It is applied in market research by communicating directly with consumers in an effort to understand how and why they are reacting the way they are to a brand or business.
With today's consumers able to share experiences in social media in real time, it is increasingly important to find ways to gauge consumer sentiment quickly – and accurately.
- Leveraging 25 years of consumer marketing experience in the UK/Europe and in the US to reveal fresh consumer insights that are relevant and directional and inform management teams in making more valuable decisions.
- Focused on bringing rapid, in-person, qualitative consumer understanding to the client/agency team without compromising depth of understanding and ensuring immediately actionable results.
- In the past five years clients have included: 7x7 Magazine, Annie's, BevMo!, Birds Eye Foods, Brita, Cisco, Clorox's Fresh Step, d-CON, Dole, Ebro, facebook, Fleischmann's, Google, Hormel, IHOP, Kraft Europe, Kroger, LeapFrog, Milton's, Nestle, PepsiCo, PG&E, Quaker, Sabra, Samsung, TurboTax.
Skills and Expertise:
Or add more to the list.
- Delivering Agile Qualitative - accelerating access to in-depth customer insights, to speed up the process from "Insights into Actions" to inform better business decisions.
- Full-service research company specializing in fast turnaround, in-person, in-depth, observable, qualitative consumer insights,
- Involving the client/agency team in real time access to consumer learning.
- Focused on fast-turnaround, live/in-person, user experience, qualitative insights
- Strategic brand development, innovation and product development for consumer food & drink brands
- Strategic Brand & Business Development Consultancy based in London.
- Brand strategy & innovation projects for blue chip companies with global scope, across food, beverage, toys, cars, pharmaceuticals, beauty and healthcare.
- Strategic Design Company - Packaging and Corporate Identity
- New product development across drinks brands for Nestle both in the UK and Internationally
- Brands included: Nescafe, Libby's, Nesquik, Carnation
Matter of Trust: Board Chair (June 2013 - Present)
An ecological non-profit that concentrates on renewable resources: man-made surplus, natural abundance, and eco-education
(November 2013 - Present)
The preeminent business association for Qualitative Research Practitioners
BAM (Bay Area Marketers): Founding Member (2010 - Present)
A network of Bay Area based senior marketing and business professionals who gather once a month to share ideas. Each month a guest business benefits from the experience and brain power of the assembled members.