The political will of the country and the globe will eventually turn toward sustainable energy, whether corporate America is ready or not.
The drivers of solar energy adoption comes down to efficiency and price: How can we maximize the amount of electricity generated by solar panels and how can it be done cheaply?
For the sustainability officer in a large corporation there are potentially enormous opportunities from adding solar to your energy sources –whether to achieve energy stability, realize its marketing and PR potential, or to meet the moral imperatives of good corporate citizenship.
- Extensive business development experience in both utility-scale and distributed solar.
- Responsible for over 40 MW of solar development in the U.S.
Responsible for developing and executing Caribbean strategic solar plan.
Established office in Aruba and closed the first commercial DG solar projects in Aruba.
Currently establishing a solar lease facility for the Caribbean starting in Curacao,
Has formed strategic alliance with leading Belize firm, which has been awarded the renewable segment of the Belize Public Utilities Commission's RFP for Energy Generation 2013.
- Directed initiative targeting municipally-owned utilities across the U.S. and focusing on creating turnkey engineering procurement and construction combined with financing solutions.
Responsible for developing and executing U.S. solar utility strategy for Rosendin's Solar Division. Developed strategic plan across all 3,108 electrical utilities nationwide. Compiled complete database of all utilities and developed segmentation analysis and feasibility ranking of database.
Established strategic partnerships with CitiGroup and Royal Bank of Canada for municipally-owned utility market utilizing financially-advantageous pre-paid power purchase agreements (PPAs).
Secured $52M contract for 25MW PPA with Imperial Irrigation District
- Managed distributed generation (DG) solar initiative under PPA financing structure for leading financier, developer, owner and operator of renewable energy assets in America.
- Developed sales and marketing strategic plan for DG and utility-scale markets across the U.S.
- Hired and managed business development team to drive a cohesive complex sales and biz-dev function. Closed and commissioned over $65 million worth of solar projects.
- Developed channel strategy to work with solar integrators, developers and installers.
- Repositioned Vancouver, B.C.-based customer relationship software marketing company for the U.S. market; developed strategic sales and marketing plan to penetrate U.S.
- Developed integrated programs with Cisco, Auto Zone, American Auto Supplies.
- Generated over $2 million in revenues.
- Repositioned product line for athletic body care product manufacturer, developing a strategic sales/marketing plan and the capital campaign to execute it.
- Generated the company's business plan and executed initial phases of the strategy.
- Repositioned digital direct marketing company to address rapidly shifting marketplace, building a sales staff, expanding offices and achieving revenue goals.
- Opened sales & account services offices in New York and San Francisco.
- Increased revenues 400 percent; responsible for closing AOL, American Greetings, Lycos and the NBA.
- Was one of founding members of company that is now publicly-held, with a $2.5 billion market cap, providing online and offline marketing solutions, as well as loyalty and customer relationship programs.
- Responsible for refining the product, developing the sales strategy and launching the company’s flagship product.
- Built the ClickRewards Network, an online retail network; closed over 100 merchant agreements and 10 strategic partnerships.
- Built a successful sales team of 30-plus with branch offices in New York City and Chicago; generated revenues of over $60 million.
- Built and expanded SportsLine brand by developing strategic alliances with companies and organizations within the online and sports marketing industry.
- Established alliances with the Women's Professional Volleyball Association, the U.S. Ski and Snowboard Association, Women's Tennis Association Champions Tour; created athlete relationships with Joe Montana, Shaquille O'Neal, Gabrielle Reece and others.
- Established cross-promotional relationships with EA Sports, PointCast and Excite.
- Launched sales and marketing on the West Coast with advertisers including Microsoft.
- California chapter of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society
- Drew School, San Francisco private high school