Business Aviation - Justification
Using a business aircraft reduces travel time when compared with going commercial. Those saved hours or days can be used for growing your business.
The best use of business aviation is to help you achieve the strategic goals of your enterprise. Achieving those goals relies on the leadership, guidance and influence of your key people.
Getting those key people to more places, more quickly and more often, shortens your business cycle and raises revenues.
Meet the Expert
Chairman, The VanAllen Group
- 28 years as a business aviation management consultant
- The VanAllen Group helps its clients (major corporations and individuals) understand their unique private air travel needs, identifies the most suitable options, and supports the purchase and implementation of the resources and services
- Specialties: Air Travel Needs Analysis, Aircraft / Service Acquisition, Aircraft Completion Management, Pre-Purchase Inspection oversight, Executive Search, Policy and Procedure Development, Best Practices Audit, Emergency Response Plan Development
- Clients include: Major corporations (85%), very high net worth individuals (14%) and a few royal families (1%)
- 95% of our work is for North American clients
CWO 2 • US Army
1967 — 1971
Aviator, Flight Instructor, Safety Officer
Chairman • The VanAllen Group
1993 — Present
- Management consulting firm that helps the customers of business aviation services (major corporations and VVIPs) and their service providers (internal, managed, fractional aircraft services) succeed together
Vice President • The Mescon Group
Jul, 1985 — Dec, 1992
- Business Aviation consulting services
Regional Manager • Sikorsky Aircraft
Jan, 1983 — Jun, 1985
- Responsible for selling the S-76 in the Southeast Region
Georgia State University - J. Mack Robinson College of Business
MBA, Business Administration, 1985
Metropolitan State University of Denver
BS, Aeronautical Sciences, 1972
Academic HonorsSumma Cum Laude
Licenses & Certifications
CAM (Certified Aviation Manager)
ATP Multi-engine Fixed Wing
Gold Seal Flight Instructor Airplanes-Instruments-Rotorcraft
- Cleo for promotional materials
- Keynote speaker for multiple industry events
- Founded the National Business Aviation Association's Schedulers and Dispatchers Conference as well as the Corporate Aviation Managers Conference (CAMC)
- Numerous presentations at CAMC on Leadership & Management
- Committee Chair for the Flight Safety Foundation's Business Aviation Safety Seminar (BASS)
- Numerous safety papers presented at the BASS
- Acted as emcee at both CAMC and BASS on numerous occasions
- VanAllen and Georgia State University's Executive Education Center are partnering to produce a highly interactive executive education conference for Business Aviation professionals
- Former part-time teacher at Metro State University (Denver) Clayton State University (Atlanta)
- Guest lecturer at US Air Force Academy, North Western University, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University and Georgia State University
- More than 60 articles published in FORTUNE, The Robb Report, and numerous industry publications
What People Are Saying About Pete
Pete Agur was a real expert who really knew the issues. Moreover, the TrustedPeer service provided an expertise to which I did not have access in my own contact universe. I could try to quantify the economic benefit of our session, but it would be substantial, given the potential liability that I am now able to avoid.
I had contemplated buying a certain type of aircraft and Pete Agur advised me against it based on my aviation needs. In a 30-minute conversation I was saved from making a costly mistake that I would have had to live with for years.
Packages with Pete starting from $400
Your Expert Package Includes:
Access to ALL Best Practices authored by TrustedPeer Expert Pete Agur on this topic.
Pre-Meeting Discovery Process
Review and analysis of your issue with pre-meeting discovery questions by Pete, followed by a 30- or 60-minute one-on-one call. Sample
Your (+colleagues) meeting is directed and focused from the first minute.
Meeting Summary Report
After your call, Pete completes a Meeting Summary Report to provide you with the session’s discussion topics, analysis, assessment and recommendations for next steps. Sample
After your meeting, continue your relationship with Pete on your own, or with TrustedPeer’s support.