Now more than ever, market research is an essential facet of product development. Integrating unbiased consumer feedback into the product development and marketing cycle is a critical success factor.
Digital products require a new approach to market research that differs from traditional product marketing. Product cycles are much faster and a younger, tech-savvy market is demanding better digital products, faster and at a lower price. These market conditions combine to place an enormous burden on digital product developers.Knowledge and experience in the interactive and media space is a core competency in this fast-changing market. An experienced market researcher, adept at garnering the deepest customer insights, is essential in this domain of exciting, new-to-the-world products.
- Manage research, strategy and design projects for: online, mobile, video gaming,entertainment, health care, kids and technology arenas
- Competitive analysis, focus groups, surveys, usability testing, playability, ethnography and strategic planning
- Clients include: A&E Networks, Activision/Blizzard, Disney, Dunkin’ Donuts, EA, ESPN, Hasbro, Intel, Kaiser Permanente, LG, Microsoft, National Geographic, Nickelodeon, Nike, Nokia, Oracle, Rdio, Sony Computer Entertainment America, Tencent, Ubisoft, Warner Bros., Zynga
- Research conducted in North America, Europe, Asia, Australia and South America
- Enabling large media corporations, technology companies, startups and non-profits, to better understand consumers' digital behaviors through focus groups, surveys, usability, playability testing and ethnographic research
- Clients include Activision/Blizzard, Disney, EA, ESPN, Hasbro, Intel, Kapor Foundation, LG, Microsoft, Nest Labs, Nickelodeon, Nokia, Oracle, Rdio, Samsung, Sony, Supercell, Tencent, Warner Bros., Zynga
- Created first centralized research department in the history of the company
- Designed yearly research plans for over 30 PC, console, handheld, online, MMORPG, subscription and mobile franchises
- Coordinated international research efforts in Europe and Asia/Pacific regions
- Managed or oversaw hundreds of research projects including consumer segmentation, competitive analysis, predictive modeling, tracking, concept testing, new IP development, focus groups, playability, usability, branding, positioning, packaging, pricing, advertising effectiveness, customer satisfaction, ethnography, and lifestyle research
- Planned all research efforts for EA’s online properties and sites, including Pogo.com, The Sims Online, and Ultima Online
Marketing Committee for the Berkeley Art Museum/Pacific Film Archive (BAM/PFA)