As company-based retirement plans continue to evolve, with fewer traditional pensions and more defined contribution plans being the signposts of change, sponsors need to be more knowledgeable than ever.
Today’s plan choices are multi-dimensional and often overwhelmingly complex to sort through intelligently.
And regardless of what plan type and structure is selected, all options are fraught with rules and regulations that must be fully understood and followed.
Making the informed and correct choice for each individual case, and understanding how to administer each plan to the satisfaction and benefit of participants and the strictures of tax authorities and oversight agencies, is paramount.
- 35 years focused on retirement benefits and management with an expertise is in converting tax dollars into employee benefits.
- Specialties: 401(k), retirement plans, ERISA, taxation, fiduciary
- Former President of ASPPA
- Former Special Director, American Academy of Actuaries
- President, National Pension Study Group
- Primark Benefits provides complete design, implementation, administration, compliance and consulting services for employee benefit and retirement plans.
- Administering more than 600 plans, serving more than 25,000 people.
- California and Western States client base includes professional service organizations, small business owners, high-tech and manufacturing companies, financial groups, banks, nonprofit organizations, building trades, retail businesses, consulting practices, art galleries and product distributors.
- ASPPA — the American Society of Pension Professionals & Actuaries — and its affiliates, ACOPA, NAPA and NTSA, combine efforts to create the premier national organization(s) for career retirement plan professionals.
- ASPPA is a non-profit professional organization acting on behalf of its 16,000+ members to improve retirement income policy.
- ASPPA Government Affairs department keeps a close watch on all legislative and regulatory activities affecting retirement benefits and pension policy.
- President's Award, Society of Actuaries
- Board Member, American Society of Pension Professionals and Actuaries (ASPPA)
- Board Member, American Academy of Actuaries
- Past Chairman, ASPPA Political Action Committee
- Congressional Small Business Committee, Testimony, resulting in two changes to pension law (2009).