Building a business case is essential in strategic decision making, yet many small firms lack the wherewithal to do it.
For any significant business decision, you should go through a rigorous process.
The business case allows you to look at the variables involved so you can make the most valid decision based on your risk/reward profile.
It’s not just about running the numbers. The "art" of building a business case is about the assumptions behind the numbers, if they make sense, and are even the right ones to consider.
- Accounting & Finance > Financial Planning & Analysis - FP&A
- Accounting & Finance > Internal Audit
- Accounting & Finance > Reporting
- Consumer Discretionary > Consumer Durables & Apparel
- Consumer Staples > Food & Beverage
- Consumer Staples > Household & Personal Products
- Corporate Administration > Executive Corporate Management
- Corporate Administration > Mergers & Acquisitions
- Corporate Governance > Corporate Finance
- Critical Issues > Start-ups
- Healthcare > Pharmaceuticals & Life Sciences
- Industrials > Commercial & Professional Services
- Information Technology > Software & Services
- Materials > Paper & Forest Products
- Operationally-focused CFO
- Diversified financial and business operations
- Significant experience in consumer products, manufacturing, IT consulting, professional services and health care industries
Skills and Expertise:
Or add more to the list.
My current clients are varied. They include several start-up organizations who need guidance in business plan development and execution and in finding the right financing vehicles. Other clients include an established direct-to-consumer business seeking refinancing to deliver the funding to grow their business and a business services firm evaluating the right exit strategy.
- Provide M&A services to clients in lower middle market ($2 million to $20 million enterprise value) clients with focus on consumer products, manufacturing, direct-to-consumer and professional services
- Commercial Director - Managed all commercial aspects (finance, contracts, resourcing, PMO) for assigned clients in multiple industries.
- Prescription Benefit Facilitator
- Led financial and administrative functions of this privately-held pharmacy and vision benefit management Companies
- Privately-held $160 M professional staffing company
- Company emerged from bankruptcy and executed turnaround plan
- VP Global Business Operations of $450 million global outsourcing Division focused on securities industry
- Led turnaround of Division to profitable levels: +$30M
- Completed negotiation and start-up of two new multi-year outsourcing contracts with total value of $500 M
- Re-engineered billing systems and processes to solve client billing issues for over $10M in billings
- Successfully developed global IT asset management system for J.P. Morgan Chase bank
- CFO of $1.5 billion Maxwell House Division
- Strategic and business planning and analysis, manufacturing costs, financial controls, sales and promotion administration systems with a direct staff of 40
- Member of President Reagan's Grace Commission - Private Sector Survey on Cost Control in U.S. Government
- Cost and general Accounting at food plant in Topeka, Kansas
- Chairman of the CFO Leadership Group in the New York Metro area
- National Co-Chair of the Financial Executives Network Group (FENG)-Family Office Special Interest Group
What People Are Saying About Tom