Reprinted from TrustedPeer
Meet the Editor
TrustedPeer Editor, TrustedPeer, Inc.
Kansas City, MO
- 29 years experience as a business and technical writer, covering topics ranging from the food industry, information technology and healthcare to energy production, financial services and automotive parts/service.
- Specialties include food production, processing and marketing; professional audio/visual technology and industry.
- Senior writer for Vance Publishing, an industry-leading B2B international weekly newspaper; covered the fresh fruit and vegetable production industry for The Packer, a weekly trade journal.
- 2010 winner of American Society of Business Publication Editors' Stephen Barr Award and American Business Media's Jessie H. Neal Award.
Freelance • Writer and Editor
Feb, 1997 — Present
Freelance journalist and writer for B2B/trade and general interest publications; also provide communications services for businesses and marketing/PR agency clients. Clients include:
- Red 7 Media, Overland Park, KS - Write features on convention and exposition industry trends for EXPO Magazine, a trade publication for the convention and exposition industry.
- Blue Sky Ad Group, New York - Content production for agency client, Penton Media/Supermarket News Magazine. Customer technology adoption testimonials for advertiser, NCR Corporation; editorial planning and articles for annual supplement focusing on California fresh fruit and vegetable industry production and marketing; consumer-research articles for custom-publishing client, Tyson Foods.
- NewBay Media, LLC, New York - Write technical/business features on audio-visual systems integration strategies and trends for AV Technology Magazine, a trade publication for A/V systems managers.
- Penton Media, Overland Park KS - Write features for trade publication, EC&M Magazine (Electrical Construction & Maintenance), on business management, technology trends and news affecting the electrical contracting industry.
- ProAct Marketing Group, Kansas City - Write automotive parts and service-related articles for bi-monthly marketing newsletter for agency client, General Motors Service and Parts Operations. Publication is furnished to independent collision repair and automotive service shops on behalf of GM Parts dealers.
- BNP Media, Bensenville, IL - Meat production, marketing and retailing feature writing for custom publishing clients, Tyson Foods and Cargill Foods; food production/menu trends feature writing for Prepared Foods magazine.
- Hanley Wood LLC, Washington, D.C. - Write technology and management stories on the audio-visual systems integration industry for ProAV Magazine.
Vance Publishing • Senior Writer
Apr, 1986 — Jan, 1997
- Covered the fresh fruit and vegetable production and distribution industry for The Packer, a weekly trade journal.
University of Kansas
B.S., Journalism, 1979
- 2010 winner of the American Society of Business Publication Editors (www.asbpe.org) Stephen Barr Award, given to the journalist for a business-to-business publication whose work most reflects the qualities of inventiveness of approach, insight, balance in the presentation of a complex subject, depth of investigation, and impact among the community of readers. The award recognized "A Killer In The Ranks," a 2009 story, featured in Electrical Construction and Maintenance (EC&M) magazine, that explored how unsafe electrical systems caused noncombat military deaths, injuries, and property damage among American troops serving in Iraq. The story also won the ASBBE's 2010 Gold Award for Editorial Excellence/Feature Article.
- Winner in "Best Single Article" category of American Business Media's 2010 Jesse H. Neal Award, for "A Killer in the Ranks."