Businesses exist because they serve customers. And the best way to create offerings that meet the needs and preferences of your customers is to get inside the end-to-end customer experience.
The best way to create customer and brand loyalty which result in gaining a bigger share-of-wallet gain is to understand every aspect of the customer’s experience and to incorporate this knowledge into your offerings.
The customer experience journey requires patience. It is not a quick fix, but the payoff in terms of the ability to deliver a stream of products and services that delight customers – and keep them coming back for more – is game-changing.
- Japanese: 日本語
- 30 years of Global Customer and Patient Experience working across silos to extend relationships with customers and create deeper loyalty.
- Client sectors include: Healthcare; Consumer, Small Business and Enterprise Software; Defense Contractor; Electric Utility; Animated Film; Computer Hardware and Non-Profit.
- Specialties: Customer Experience; Lean/TPS; Process/Organizational Excellence; Business Process Improvement.
Skills and Expertise:
Or add more to the list.
- VP, Customer Experience
- Lead cross-functional team engaging more than 300 leaders in 6 global initiatives to understand Customer Experience and deepen relationships with those customers.
- Engaged employees in Design Thinking through a Follow Me Home methodology.
- Mapped customer value stream and identified areas for improvement. Identified means to better understand Voice of Customer to drive improvements that matter.
- Vice President, Lean Promotion Office, Palo Alto Medical Foundation
- Integrated a lean mindset and methodology to deliver more value for our patients.
- Strategic deployment and management system for 5,000 physicians and staff serving over 750,000 patients in four counties in Northern California.
- Director, Customer Experience/Process Excellence
- Coach and catalyst to improve Customers’ Experience by identifying and driving high impact customer experience initiatives to accelerate growth as measured by Net Promoter scores.
- Implemented: Closed loop Voice of Customer System; End to End Process Ownership; Customer Experience Escalation Process; Quarterly Customer Experience Reviews; Small Business of the Future Vision and GamePlan; Intuit Delight Forums; Language and mindset change to focus on Customer Experience; Net Promoter Implementation; Creation of Dashboards to validate impact.
- Sr Director, WW AppleCare Operations
- Led the Contact Center Training; Metrics; CRM Infrastructure and Business Process Improvement team. Built Operating Mechanisms and facilitated them.
- Developed Pixar's film production process by integrating business process improvement methodologies with the Toy Story 2 and A Bug's Life teams.
- Director, Total Quality
- 3,800 person multinational Information Services firm in Paris, France
- Facilitated Voice of Customer and Voice of Business development
- Director, Hardware Quality
- Led the development of NeXT Computer's New Product Introduction process.
- Japan - Sensei
- Deming Prize Project Manager, Florida Power & Light Company (1988-90)
- Board Chair, Animal Assisted Happiness (2009-President)
- Guest lecturer -- Voice of Customer, Marketing 418 -- California Polytechnic University, San Luis Obispo (2010-Present)