Meet the Expert
Principal and Founder, Leader Creative
- 35 years experience in strategic branding, logo design and identity management with major international branding consultancies and as owner/principal of Leader Creative.
- Clients have include FedEx, Hawaiian Airlines, Walt Disney Company, the NCAA, Motorola, Cigna, Ryder Systems, GlobeCast, and Hanley Wood.
- Recipient of the 2014 5th Annual Tribeca Disruptive Innovation Award and a Fellow of the Disruptor Foundation.
- Leader's work is included in the permanent collection of the Smithsonian Institution, and his FedEx logo was cited in the May 2003 Rolling Stone magazine twenty-fifth anniversary issue as one of the eight best American identities of the preceding twenty-five years.
- Design director for the Los Angeles Olympic Organizing Committee, 1983-84.
Session Packages from $400
Your Expert Package Includes:
- All 9 Best Practices
- Pre-Call Discovery Process
- One-on-One Call with Expert
- Session Summary Report
- Post-Session Engagement
Risks & Opportunities
RisksCompanies that neglect or execute poorly in brand management and corporate identity design face the following risks:
- Senior management fails to appreciate the value of corporate identity as a strategic marketing tool.
- Company officials regard the logo as merely decorative, thereby missing the critical opportunity to communicate the company's purpose, function and reason for existing.
- A company with a strong logo and significant marketplace recognition may become complacent, allowing its corporate identity to become dated or irrelevant in today's marketplace.
- Management misses opportunities to capture operational efficiencies and cost savings through effective corporate identity design and implementation.
- Logo use that is undisciplined, haphazard and ad hoc undermines the opportunity to use the logo as a visual, short-hand statement of quality and value.
OpportunitiesCompanies that execute well in brand management and corporate identity design have the following opportunities:
- The relationship between a company and its clients, as well as its employees, is strengthened with a solid corporate identity.
- Both the tangible and the perceived quality of products and services are improved with a strong corporate identity.
- A strong corporate identity amplifies a company's brand image and supports and coordinates its marketing activities.
- When a company has a strong corporate identity, acceptance of change is accelerated both internally and externally.
- A strong corporate identity reflects the objectives of good service, effective organization and operational efficiency.
- A strong corporate identity leads to a coherent, focused company personality that enhances employee morale, improves productivity and helps attract and retain high-quality employees.
- A strong corporate identity, effectively implemented and maintained, can yield cost-efficiencies through coordinated visual and verbal communications.
Brand Strategy and Corporate Identity Design: Risks & Opportunities