- 20 years experience in executive search with a special focus on financial services, conducting C-level and board of director search assignments in both the U.S. and overseas.
- Founded Allyon Solutions to provide integrated operations in finance to emerging companies in underserved markets. Co-founded Sextant Search Partners, a boutique financial services executive search business based in New York City, and Axiom Consulting, a human capital and strategy consulting firm.
- CEO of TMP Worldwide's executive search division following TMP's acquisition of Highland Search, an executive search group he set up in 1995.
- 14 years at Russell Reynolds Associates, eventually heading its financial services practice and managing its Asia Pacific operation.
- All 7 Best Practices
- Pre-Call Discovery Process
- One-on-One Call with Expert
- Session Summary Report
- Post-Session Engagement
How to Revamp Your Team to Become Digitally Aware
- Digital adaptor
These companies didn’t start the revolution, like Google or Facebook, but they have committed to the digital shift with aggressive CEO-led initiatives, these are companies like Allstate and GE that now lead their peer groups.
- Digital DNA
- Acquiring digital DNA means building digital awareness into the culture and fabric of the company. A company with strong digital DNA usually has an entrepreneurial culture, is adaptable and highly responsive to change, has a collaborative management style, and is relationship-based.
- Digital immigrant
- These companies know they are behind and are aware of the challenges posed by their new competitors. They want to go ‘native,’ but tend to apply Band-Aids to the problem. These are companies like BP that missed the impact on their brand and market perception of today’s technologies after the Gulf Coast oil spill.
- Digital native
Natives are the creators, the ones who get it, who challenge or change business models and succeed in doing so. Think of Special Forces driving down the road at 80 miles an hour, sowing mines for their competitors to hit. These are companies like Apple, Google, LinkedIn, Facebook, as well as Wal-Mart and Nike.
- The act or process of removing the intermediary in a given transaction between two or more parties.