Meet the Expert
Chairman, Global Reach KK
- More than 40 years of Asian experience in senior positions advising business and government, leading or advising on government and business negotiations, and in research and graduate business education, all focused on Japan, China and Vietnam.
- Served two Presidents in White House posts at the Office of Policy Development and the Office of the U.S. Trade Representative, 1982 to 1992. Assistant U.S. Trade Representative and chief U.S. trade negotiator with Japan and China from 1985 to 1992 with primary responsibility for the development and implementation of U. S. trade policy and negotiating strategy toward Japan and the People's Republic of China. Led all negotiations with China, securing landmark agreements on intellectual property protection and market access, and led or played a major role in some thirty negotiations with Japan across all major industrial and commercial sectors.
- Professor and Founding Director of the Center for International Business at Dartmouth's Tuck School of Business.
- Led the U.S. team in a joint Vietamese-American initiative that launched Vietnam's first modern business school, the Hanoi School of Business at the Vietnam National University in Hanoi. Supervised the training of 350 senior executives of companies that today account for more than 35 percent of Vietnam's GDP.
- Have advised numerous Fortune Global 500 clients on Asian market entry, business development, government relations and regulatory strategies.
Session Packages from $750
Your Expert Package Includes:
- All 7 Best Practices
- Pre-Call Discovery Process
- One-on-One Call with Expert
- Session Summary Report
- Post-Session Engagement
- General manager
- gross domestic product
- Intellectual property
- International Organization for Standardization. An ISO standard is developed by a panel of experts, within a technical committee.
- information technology
- Joint Venture
- section chiefs
- Japanese for "improvement" or "change for the best"
- assistant section chiefs and chief clerks
- Japanese for “group” and used in business to describe a partnership
- The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
- Pharmaceutical industry
- an administrative jurisdiction or subdivision
- Research and Development
- Small and Medium Enterprises
- Office of the U. S. Trade Representative
Doing Business with the Japanese: Defined Terms