- Manage research, strategy and design projects for: online, mobile, video gaming,entertainment, health care, kids and technology arenas
- Competitive analysis, focus groups, surveys, usability testing, playability, ethnography and strategic planning
- Clients include: A&E Networks, Activision/Blizzard, Disney, Dunkin’ Donuts, EA, ESPN, Hasbro, Intel, Kaiser Permanente, LG, Microsoft, National Geographic, Nickelodeon, Nike, Nokia, Oracle, Rdio, Sony Computer Entertainment America, Tencent, Ubisoft, Warner Bros., Zynga
- Research conducted in North America, Europe, Asia, Australia and South America
- All 6 Best Practices
- Pre-Call Discovery Process
- One-on-One Call with Expert
- Session Summary Report
- Post-Session Engagement
Market Research - Digital Consumer Products
- There is a lack of models and methodologies for testing a new consumer device or product.
Many digital products are unproven. For example, touch screens are now common but not long ago they were completely new to consumers. Blue-sky innovations are difficult to test. Tests must include not only features or functionality, but must also provide context that allows developers to respond to rapidly changing consumer preferences and behaviors.
- Companies lack a clear methodology for extracting the richest consumer feedback for a new product or service.
To extract the best, unbiased consumer feedback requires an educated, objective researcher who is well-schooled in market research methodology. The challenge is to ask questions and illicit feedback that reveals not only what consumers say but also what they mean. Researchers must know their product intimately and must also understand the language that consumers speak.
- Companies face the difficulty of testing video games or apps while they are in development.
It is difficult to test a product before it is complete, but in a world of lightning-fast product life cycles, it is also necessary. Tests can provide good feedback on key features even if the product is half-finished.
- Companies find it difficult to get useful feedback around a new product’s user interface and controls.
One of the most important aspects of testing any digital device for the market is the user interface and controls. If the user is going to have trouble accessing the app or controlling the game, that needs to be fixed early in the development process. The user interface is the first piece to get right when designing digital products.
- Companies find it difficult to develop the product positioning and marketing of a new product or service.
It is crucial to marry innovative features with the consumers’ feelings about a product. Many digital products are strongly feature-driven but consumers may be thinking about other matters, such as the service, the overall plan they’re purchasing or social media recommendations. Effective positioning that drives consumer interest is based on tapping the passions and feelings of consumers.