Meet the Expert
Director of Marketing, Stok
- Leads CP Green, the green brokerage program of Capital Pacific, a national commercial real estate firm with sales of $7.13 billion in 49 states across the U.S.
- A leader and frequent speaker for ICSC RetailGreen, the leading retail-focused green real estate conference in the U.S.
- Co-chair of the 2013 ICSC RetailGreen Conference and member of the executive committee of the US Green Building Council's Bay Bridge branch.
- Advisor to Cole Valley Partners, a boutique real estate investment and consulting firm that prioritizes investing in and repositioning assets into green buildings.
Session Packages from $400
Your Expert Package Includes:
- All 7 Best Practices
- Pre-Call Discovery Process
- One-on-One Call with Expert
- Session Summary Report
- Post-Session Engagement
- BREEAM (Building Research Establishment Environmental Assessment Methodology) is a rating system encompassing more than 250,000 buildings, most of which are in the UK and an additional 50 countries around the world.
- Brown building
- The opposite of "green" building, brown buildings are seen as lacking in basic efficiency standards, and potentially less valuable and more risky.
- Energy Star
- An international standard for energy efficient products and buildings. As it relates to buildings, the standard derives a normalized rating of 1-100, where 100 is the most efficient.
- Green building
- A broad term used to describe buildings that are designed, constructed and operated in an efficient and environmentally responsible manner.
- Green building initiative
- Any project or strategy that is undertaken in an attempt to make a building more efficient and/or reduce environmental impact.
- Green Globes
- A building rating system based in the U.S. that assesses new and existing buildings, assigning 1,000 possible points across seven main categories.
- High performance buildings
- A term used to describe buildings that are optimized to perform efficiently, using fewer resources and offering occupants a healthier environment.
- LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) is a building rating system that assesses buildings, assigning up to 100 points across multiple categories. Buildings can receive a rating of Certified, Silver, Gold or Platinum.
- PACE financing
- A loan alternative where municipal governments offer a bond to investors that is loaned to building owners for energy retrofits. The long term loans are repaid through an annual assessment on the property tax bill.
Navigating Green Real Estate for Owners and Investors: Defined Terms