Meet the Expert
CEO, SF Global Sourcing
- 20-plus years servicing clients in need of outsourced manufacturing worldwide, including from China, Taiwan, South Korea, Poland, Israel and the U.S.
- Past Chairman of the Electronic Retailing Association and board member of the Europe Electronic Retailing Association.
Session Packages from $500
Your Expert Package Includes:
- All 7 Best Practices
- Pre-Call Discovery Process
- One-on-One Call with Expert
- Session Summary Report
- Post-Session Engagement
- The world's largest business-to-business online trading site/wholesale marketplace, commonly used by small business owners.
- Computer-aided design, which generates electronic files that are shared with a manufacturer.
- International Council of Toy Industries, which has standards regarding toy manufacturing.
- To contract out manufacturing or services to an external or foreign entity.
- PMS, RGB and CMYK
- Various terminology used for color. PMS (Pantone Matching System) is used to identify colors; RGB (Red Green Blue) is used for design on computers; and CMYB (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black) is used in printing.
- Pre-production and final production samples
- Your product will go through multiple iterations before it goes into mass production. The pre-production samples are the ones that are used to go back and forth as you are refining your product; the final production sample is the one with the final mold, the final materials, and the final art.
- Prop 65
- An initiative passed by California voters in 1986 that requires that businesses provide labels and warnings in products that include certain chemicals. Prop 65 requires that the state publish a list of chemicals that are known to cause cancer or birth defects or other reproductive harm. The list currently includes approximately 800 chemicals.
- Quality control
- The system for continually checking products in each order to make sure that they meet expectations in terms of quality. In this context, it also means being familiar with the product yourself in order to make sure it meets expectations.
Outsourcing of Manufactured Consumer Goods and Promotional Materials: Defined Terms