Meet the Expert
COO, Intake Health Inc.
- COO of Intake Health™ an innovator in professional sports and consumer athletics hydration monitoring. We are proud to be funded by both the National Science Foundation and National Institutes of Health, who have awarded us multiple prestigious grants for our cutting-edge work in health monitoring.
- COO and a Founding Partner for Final Surge® developers of the FinalSurge.com coaching and training platform and apps that empower some of the world's best coaches and athletes to reach fitness and performance excellence like never before.
- CEO and Founder of Best Thinking® independent digital publishing. Mashable.com rated it as one of the top five best websites for publishers.
- COO and GM with P&L responsibility for practice management at the LexisNexis Group of Reed Elsevier, one of the world’s largest online publishers of scientific, medical, legal and business journals and websites.
- CEO and Founder of Time Matters® Software, one of the most widely used information and document management systems in the U.S. legal market.
- 20-plus years in virtually every leadership position in high-tech innovation from startups to global companies, including building and successfully exiting his own startup, nurturing startups in his accelerator, venture investing, and driving strategy and numerous acquisitions for a major innovation initiative at a large global company.
- Testified before Congress on alternative energy, participated in White House meetings with the VP on economic development, and quoted in the Wall Street Journal on Internet taxation.
- IRONMAN® Certified Coach. 2021 USAT Age Group Sprint Triathlon Nationals Qualifier. Commercial Pilot - Instrument Multi-engine Land, Single Engine Sea.
Meeting Packages from $400
Your Meeting Package Includes:
- All 9 Best Practices
- Pre-Meeting Discovery Process
- One-on-One Call with Expert
- Meeting Summary Report
- Post-Meeting Engagement
Commercializing Innovation to Drive Growth
COO, Intake Health Inc.
Developing innovation plans that will drive sustainable double-digit growth for mid-cap companies is a team activity. Necessary skills and traits for building and guiding that team include:
- A love of being intensely connected to the processes of observing customer behavior, not just listening to what they are saying, and using that to solve customer problems.
- Keyed to future-oriented, strategic thought.
- Adaptability and agility in rapidly changing situations.
- A deep understanding of what motivates talented people.
- A desire to nurture and grow innovation and talented innovative people.
- An ability to recognize excellence in innovative talent.
- An ability to step aside to allow talented people to innovate, while maintaining an ongoing detail-oriented engagement that does not micromanage.
- A love, comprehension and respect – plus a dash of skepticism – for the quantitative metrics.
- Conviction in your beliefs, tempered with humility and an ability to quickly modify your beliefs in the face of new evidence.
- Comfort with uncertainty in not always knowing the direction of the next step, but understanding that each step will be rooted in the previous step.
- Broad understanding of management and business principles.
- Conflict resolution skills with diverse personalities in a high pressure environment of uncertainty, scarce resources and conflicting goals.
- Leadership skills that are best demonstrated when people do not feel like they are being led.
Commercializing Innovation to Drive Growth: Skills