Meet the Expert
Agricultural Life Sciences, Independent Consultant
- Twenty-plus years of leadership and business experience in agricultural and pharmaceutical life science businesses.
- Expertise includes: New product development from discovery to commercialization; science and technology investment options and opportunities; sales force productivity; licensing and intellectual property strategy; merger, acquisition and alliance value capture.
- Leader of research or business units for Syngenta, Pharmacia and Monsanto.
- Seven years in-country management experience in Europe and South America.
Session Packages from $495
Your Expert Package Includes:
- All 8 Best Practices
- Pre-Call Discovery Process
- One-on-One Call with Expert
- Session Summary Report
- Post-Session Engagement
Building a strong, sustainable business requires business know-how, technical prowess and leadership skills. Of these, leadership skills may well be most important because they bring out the best in business and technical skills of your team and help ensure strength in all three areas. A strong leader in this space needs to:
- Listen – A leader must listen to the market, product customers, consumers, channel partners and employees.
- Interested in Learning – A leader must be capable and interested in learning about, understanding and addressing a multitude of different ideas, perspectives, activities and external events at the same time.
- Be Original, Be Creative, Be Willing to Make Mistakes – A leader must be able to look at multiple options in any situation and see more than "the way the world currently operates." Even more, a leader must seek out new perspectives, even to the point that they put themselves in situations in which they are not necessarily sure of the outcome or that all bases are covered.
Turning Agricultural Life Science Innovations into Sustainable Business Results: Skills