- 35 years in media and unified communications technologies, designing and managing audio/visual, video conferencing, telepresence and UC systems and television and radio facilities
- Built and managed the world’s largest commercial Cisco TelePresence ecosystem at the time (other than within Cisco) for JP Morgan Chase
- Design, implementation and operation of global video and audio conferencing facilities, TV and audio/visual facilities and digital signage solutions for Lehman Brothers
- Design of TV and radio facilities for Bloomberg, including the development of their revolutionary multi-screen TV format and the design and construction of TV studios for The Charlie Rose Show
- Design and management of multimedia/TV facilities for AT&T, Financial News Network, MTV, NBC, NYU and Rutgers University
- All 7 Best Practices
- Pre-Call Discovery Process
- One-on-One Call with Expert
- Session Summary Report
- Post-Session Engagement
Videoconferencing & Unified Collaboration Technologies - Planning and Adoption Strategies
Risks & Opportunities
RisksOrganizations that execute poorly in planning and adoption strategies for UC technologies risk:
- Identifying and purchasing products and tools before users have been consulted.
- Selecting products that meet short-term needs but are not compatible with long-term goals.
- Making large investments in technology that become under-utilized and result in no return on investment.
- Buying technology only as the need arises instead of creating a multi-year plan with growth perspective.
Organizations that execute well in planning and adoption strategies for UC technologies have these opportunities:
- Reducing real estate costs.
- Reducing their carbon footprint.
- Reducing HVAC costs.
- Lowering port density requirements.
- Improving employee productivity.
- Enhancing their ability to recruit best and brightest from any geographic location as part of a dispersed workforce.
- Eliminating need to employ specialized technical staff to initiate or support conferences.
They can also provide these benefits to employees:
- Shorter commutes
- The ability to work wherever you are
- The ability to select where you want to live based on other criteria than that it's close to work
- No need to schedule rooms or video resources
- No need for technical supports, all self-service
- Improved morale
- Decreased travel costs