To have a successful business, you have to pay attention to your users. That much is clear. But "how" to make that happen?
That's where design teams come in.
Organizations have started building design teams to make certain their products meet their customers' needs. They're hiring user experience designers, visual designers, content strategists and product managers.
While there's a deepening understanding of the value of design, many managers are still trying to figure out the best way to structure a design team.
- Founder and CEO of Awasu Design
- User experience professional with more than ten years of experience in design, management, and organizational strategy
- Co-founded Bolt | Peters, a user experience research firm acquired by Facebook and serves on the Board of Advisors
- Clients include: Hallmark, Time Warner, Restoration Hardware, PeopleSoft, Blue Shield, KQED, EMC/Documentum, and Wells Fargo
Skills and Expertise:
Or add more to the list.
- Designs powerful, elegant solutions for online tools, software, and websites. Shows organizations how to improve their design strategies, practices, and culture so they can create better solutions themselves.
- User-centered strategy and design, Business concept visualization, process visualization, information architecture, interaction design, usability, content strategy
- Led user-centered design processes, brainstorming activities and collaboration efforts for multiple projects
- Designed UI and architecture for public site and secure site, focusing on achieving business goals through optimal customer experience
- Designed and guided the development of interfaces for core web-application products together with project management, engineering, and user input
- Remote usability testing, information architecture, strategy and design
- Bolt | Peters was acquired by Facebook
BAYCAT Board Member. BAYCAT is a non-profit that educates, empowers and employs underserved youth and young adults to produce digital media that tells their unique stories and engages them to positively transform themselves, their communities and the world.
- Running Great Review Meetings with Clients & Partners, IA Summit (Apr 2013), Baltimore, MD - http://2013.iasummit.org/program/running-great-review-meetings-with-clients-partners/
- How Design Leads Set Up Projects for Success, SXSW (Mar 2013), Austin, TX - http://schedule.sxsw.com/2013/events/event_IAP1599
- Email overload kills revenue; one team’s solution (Workshop), Service Design Global Conference (Nov 2013), Cardiff, UK - http://conferences.service-design-network.org/sdnc13/keynotes-speakers/craig-peters-awasu-design
- Developing a UX Lead Program - Enable a Successful User Experience from Ideation to Deployment (1-day Tutorial), Usability Professionals Association International Conference (2011), LLas Vegas, NVhttps://www.usabilityprofessionals.org/upa_conference/app/schedule/by_presenter/for:2012/#P
- Figuring Out the One Thing that will Move UX into a Position of Strategic Relevance (Panel), Computer Human Interaction International Conference (2009), Boston, MA - http://www.chi2009.org/Attending/AdvanceProgram/112.html