The increasing roles of chief information officers (CIOs) can encompass a company's complete infrastructure.
The CIO can ensure a company's relevance 10 or 20 years into the future.
But CEOs, CFOs and boards of directors are all making demands on CIOs: to increase agility, drive competitive advantage and optimize risk and costs throughout the enterprise.
Unfortunately, many CIOs are aware of only 50 percent of the SaaS/cloud solutions used in their enterprises. This leaves companies exposed to security risks and without a plan for managing it.
- Partner - StrataFusion
- CIO - Electronic Arts; CIO - McAfee; CIO - Logitech
- VP, Sales Operations & IT - Cisco
- Founding technologist and executive in the establishment of Department of Homeland Security's Transportation Security Administration (TSA). Nominated by U.S. Secretary of Transportation Mineta in November 2001 to assist in the creation of the TSA and secure the 435 commercial airports in the United States.
- Completed a transformation of an traditional IT technology footprint into a Cloud-based model while at the same time partnered with the executive team on the company's transition from its packaged goods gaming business into a digital gaming world.
- Set the course to a completely green, low cost technology environment.
- Reduced overall spend by over 10% while adding new capabilities. 1) New Demand/Supply chain planning solution/process, 2) Cloud-based gaming network, 3) SaaS based human capital management and resource management solution, 4) Email in the cloud, 5) Private cloud for development and complete QA -> release process, others.
- IT organization that was holding back the company's growth - transformed the IT organization, set the course and strategy to drive growth, and executed on the top programs in support of the company's strategy
- Scaled McAfee's $1B E-Commerce platform used to sell, renew, and manage the its Antivirus (AV) business
- Delivered on a new CRM solution in partnership with Sales/Sales Operations, new ERP upgrade, and several new personal productivity solutions that drove efficiency throughout the company
- Established a level of maturity and improved execution by streamlining contracts, processes, lowered costs throughout the infrastructure, and implemented several new solutions that improved the experience of everyone in the company.
- Established the course for change of the vertically integrated IT tech stack into a virtual model with improvements in capabilities for the business which reduced an already low budget by over 15% in the two+ years.
- Responsible for Information Technology and Sales Operations for the Customer Service and Support organization
What People Are Saying About Mark
Landon Associates, Inc.