The concept of "brand name development" is easily understood: You create a great new company or product, give it a name you love, then immediately, it is embraced by your target audience.
In reality, however, creating, evaluating, selecting and registering an effective brand name is far more complex and difficult.
Self-naming almost never produces a successful result because those doing the naming lack the skills, tools, experience and time required. Moreover, the names yielded are often so common they fail to pass difficult trademark challenges and cannot be registered or protected.
- 18 years of naming products - clients include: Kraft, General Mills, Tropicana, Nestlé, Quaker Oats, Fujitsu, GE, HP, Intel, AT&T, Electronic Arts, Louis Vuitton, Moet Hennessy, Bayer, Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer
- President, Addison Design Consultants
- Advertising Manager - Pepsi-Cola Company - for Pepsi Challenge; marketing Manager for Pepsi Free and Slice
- Idiom has created hundreds of well-known names for global food and technology companies including: Kraft, General Mills, HP, Tropicana, Intel, Nestlé, Quaker Oats, Fujitsu, Louis Vuitton, Intel, AT&T, General Electric, Electronic Arts, Moet Hennessy
- Idiom's work also features the creation of names for innovative medical products. Clients include Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer, Bayer, Covidien, Quest Diagnostics, FoxHollow, Ferndale Labs
- Idiom has developed proprietary software - Lingtwistics™ - to access vocabulary related to name objectives with pinpoint accuracy - in any language!
- Lingtwistics™ deconstructs name ingredients, then reassembles them to incorporate natural human speech patterns and rhythms
- Idiom's "game techniques" turn name objectives into games and exercises to explore beyond the normal limits of creativity
- Addison is an independent branding, sustainability and digital communications design firm with a heritage in annual reporting and information simplification.
- Started the firm's naming business, adding to the firm's corporate, retail and product identity practice. The result was NameBreak, one of the first naming specialists in the United States.
- Advertising manager for the highly successful Pepsi Challenge
- Marketing Manager for Pepsi Free, the company's non-caffeinated cola
- New product launch for Slice, the first soft drink with 10% real juice
Academic Honorswith Distinction
What People Are Saying About Rick
Women's Startup Lab