Voice of the Customer is a rigorous, repeatable process that ensures that product development organizations create customer-centric products that meet the most highly-valued market needs.
Product development professionals often claim they speak to customers frequently – but that’s the problem. They should be listening rather than talking to them.
VOC research aims not to find out how customers would design your product – but to understand how they do business. Then developers can innovate solutions that go beyond what any customer can imagine.
- 20 years of hands-on management of large engineering, manufacturing, and procurement organizations focusing on product/service development, especially in areas of collaborative design, metrics, supply chain management, and business strategy implementation
- Clients include Fortune 500 companies, major universities (Stanford, MIT, Carnegie-Mellon University), and government agencies in product development, supply chain management, and rapidly implementing enterprise-wide change
- Product/service development, especially in areas of collaborative design, metrics, supply chain management, and business strategy implementation
- Projects included infrared imaging, radar system, GPS satellite systems and DirecTV
Keynote speaker on rapid organizational change and a featured speaker on performance improvement, metrics, voice of the customer, supply chain management, and product development
- Rethinking R&D Efficiency (2013)
- Co-author, Product Development and Management Association's PDMA ToolBook 3 (2007)
- Co-author of Value Innovation Portfolio Management (2006)