How many product development organizations are truly innovating? And of those that are, how many can measure innovation and rely on it as a corporate capability?
Innovation metrics are not about measuring for the sake of measurement. They are about creating a reliable and predictable innovation factory.The best metrics do not just measure results after the fact – they measure processes that predict success.
Innovation metrics are not as much about measuring results as organizing and optimizing the behaviors that produce results.
- Chemicals > Fertilizers & Agricultural Chemicals
- Consumer Discretionary > Automobiles & Components
- Critical Issues > Innovation
- Development Engineering > Executive Engineering Management
- Development Engineering > Product Development
- Healthcare > Equipment & Services
- Healthcare > Pharmaceuticals & Life Sciences
- Industrials > Aerospace & Defense
- Marketing > Product Management
- Materials > Chemicals
- Operations > Supply Chain Management
- Sales > Customer Success
- 20 years of hands-on management of large engineering, manufacturing, and procurement organizations focusing on product/service development, especially in areas of collaborative design, metrics, supply chain management, and business strategy implementation
- Clients include Fortune 500 companies, major universities (Stanford, MIT, Carnegie-Mellon University), and government agencies in product development, supply chain management, and rapidly implementing enterprise-wide change
- Product/service development, especially in areas of collaborative design, metrics, supply chain management, and business strategy implementation
- Projects included infrared imaging, radar system, GPS satellite systems and DirecTV
Keynote speaker on rapid organizational change and a featured speaker on performance improvement, metrics, voice of the customer, supply chain management, and product development
- Rethinking R&D Efficiency (2013)
- Co-author, Product Development and Management Association's PDMA ToolBook 3 (2007)
- Co-author of Value Innovation Portfolio Management (2006)