Meet the Expert
David founded Telegraph Hill Software, a software development and technical management consultancy in 2010 after a career as a software engineer, executive, management consultant & entrepreneur.
About Telegraph Hill Software
About Telegraph Hill Software
- Telegraph Hill offers business critical professional services including:
- The Telegraph Hill team cyber security skills and credentials include:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge (CCSK)
- GIAC Penetration Tester (GPEN)
- SABSA Chartered Security Architect
- GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Visit VCISO: Business-first Cyber Security
- or click Contact David above.
- David has worked with multiple Fortune 100 firms. Led product development at Hyperion/Oracle. CEO for venture capital-backed startup. Consults and mentors founders and startups.
- David's expertise extends to enterprise systems, AI/machine learning, analytics, cloud, DevOps, mobile applications and big data.
Session Packages from $515
Your Expert Package Includes:
- All 7 Best Practices
- Pre-Call Discovery Process
- One-on-One Call with Expert
- Session Summary Report
- Post-Session Engagement
Building and Managing Competitive Software Teams
CEO, Telegraph Hill Software
Risks & Opportunities
RisksMajor risks in the software domain:
- Competitive Risk: Software needs to have features that are distinct from what direct competitors are offering.
- Lack of in-house software expertise when needed: This can hamper or impede the development of the right product at the right time.
- Poor decision-making around outsourcing vs. building in-house: This is a risk across the entire spectrum of software.
- Cost: This is a risk factor in the development of any product, but too many companies are taking a CFO-driven approach to their software where they're handing over the reins of their technology to managers who do not understand the best way to create high quality, competitive software.
OpportunitiesMajor opportunities for well-managed software development:
- As companies become increasingly digital they discover entirely new ways of identifying prospective customers and bringing them into their company’s customer base.
- Digitization allows companies to make knowledge-based, fact-based decisions in areas where intuition and judgment ruled in the past.
- As software becomes the medium through which companies interact with customers, business partners, and suppliers, it opens the opportunity to create significant competitive changes in business ecology that can move enterprises ahead much more rapidly than in the past.
- In particular, the right software creates an opportunity to improve supply chains, which could lead to new price points which were not achievable without the software component.
Building and Managing Competitive Software Teams: Risks & Opportunities