- 25 years in consumer electronics innovation, development, supply chain and distribution.
- CEO and founder of MOTO Development Group - acquired by Cisco
- Clients include: Apple, Intel, Logitech, Microsoft, Pure Digital, Contour, litl.
- Holds six U.S. and international patents in area including mechanism design and cloud computing.
- All 7 Best Practices
- Pre-Meeting Discovery Process
- One-on-One Call with Expert
- Meeting Summary Report
- Post-Meeting Engagement
Consumer Electronics - Product Innovation from Opportunity to Realization
- Development cost
- The total cost incurred from all of the activities required to bring a new product or service to market, including any expenses required for supplies, tooling, etc.
- Development risk
- The risks an organization runs in developing a new product, which may include technical risk (the risks involved with designing a new product) and market risk (risks involved with the reception of the offering in the marketplace). Risk is often assessed in terms of its impact on product success and the likelihood of the risk event occurring.
- Ideation refers to the process of generating ideas that will become inputs into product concepts. It is usually a group exercise in which the aim is to generate as many ideas as possible.
- Minimum Viable Product (MVP)
"The minimum viable product is that version of a new product which allows a team to collect the maximum amount of validated learning about customers with the least effort."
Source: Eric Reis, "Minimum Viable Product: A Guide," Startup Lessons Learned, August 3, 2009: http://www.startuplessonslearned.com/2009/08/minimum-viable-product-guide.html
- Supply Chain
- The supply chain is the complete network of organizations, businesses and individuals that provide the inputs that enable the creation of a product.
- User Experience
"User Experience, often abbreviated 'UX,' is the quality of experience a person has when interacting with a specific design."
Source: Dirk Knemeyer and Eric Svoboda, User Experience – UX, Interaction Design Foundation: http://www.interaction-design.org/encyclopedia/user_experience_or_ux.html