Meet the Expert
Chairman and CEO, OpenMatters
- Board member for companies seeking expertise in social, mobile, cloud and big data.
- Strategic advisor to company leaders wanting to pivot their business models to benefit from digital technologies. Clients include (past and present) AT&T, Microsoft, GE Healthcare, Deloitte, ESPN, and Goldman Sachs.
- Technology investor in social, mobile, cloud and big data companies; portfolio companies manage 15,000 social networks with 40 million members for 150 leading brands.
- Author and speaker: co-authored 5 books and 20 ebooks; published 1,100 articles; appeared on CNN, CNBC, NPR, and Bloomberg TV; delivered 500+ keynote speeches globally.
Session Packages from $750
Your Expert Package Includes:
- All 7 Best Practices
- Pre-Call Discovery Process
- One-on-One Call with Expert
- Session Summary Report
- Post-Session Engagement
- Capacity to question current assumptions about sources of value:
- Existing mental models have been successful for senior leaders until now; are they able to assess and move past them?
- Ability to acquire digital skills to innovate your business model:
- Your new model probably requires new skill sets; is your company equipped to acquire and incorporate new skills to adapt to the digital, networked age?
- A propensity to investing in physical and material assets versus intangible and virtual:
- Moving from investing in objects/people to investing in intangibles like the network is risky; does your company's leadership have the patience to continue to invest in an asset that may take some time to develop?
- Ability to think outwardly and focus on networks rather than internal processes:
- Most leaders are focused on their own company and their own goals, but the exponential value in networks requires inviting the world into your company; how can you motivate customers to co-create with you?
- Ability to receive real-time feedback and iterate quickly to recalibrate your portfolio of assets:
- Companies that succeed in the networked world are always in touch with customers and receive feedback constantly; is your company prepared to iterate frequently and to monitor and balance your business model as required?
- Awareness that the company benefits as a result of the digital network effect:
- The vitality of the network produces economic results – not the vitality of the business; is leadership prepared to adopt this new mental model?
- Conquering techno-phobia:
- Many senior leaders are afraid of the cloud; they are afraid of technologies that appear to be out of their control; can senior leaders adapt to a networked world, where the border between "inside" and "outside" is permeable?
Crossing the Digital Divide: Harnessing the Power of Networks to Quadruple Value: Skills