- Managing Director of Acrobator - Consultancy in e-commerce and digital media companies in travel, fashion and retail, (acting) CMO for Kupivip.ru, Lamoda.ru, Ozon.ru, Enter.ru.
- President of Gogol - an Eastern European Internet Marketing and digital media company providing venture support and e-business strategy development
- CMO Gloria Jeans - the largest Russian retailer specializing in fashion apparel, footwear and accessories for customers of all ages under the Gloria Jeans and Gee Jay brand. Introduced digital thinking into this privately owned, offline Russian $1 billion company.
- CMO Europe for Ebookers.com / Orbitz, online travel
- CMO lastminute.com / Travelocity Benelux, online travel
- All 7 Best Practices
- Pre-Call Discovery Process
- One-on-One Call with Expert
- Session Summary Report
- Post-Session Engagement
Digital Marketing - Entering the Eastern European Market
Imagine a vast, untapped source of revenue waiting for your product or service.
Essentially, that's what you have in Eastern Europe, especially Russia. This region of the world is a fairly new player in the digital marketing space, offering vast marketing potential to anyone with the stamina, perseverance and market insights needed to become successful there.
The Russian market is especially attractive, offering the potential of attracting millions of potential customers. But doing this is not easy. Becoming successful in the Russian market requires basic knowledge of the laws, documentation and even methods of payment that are unique to the area.
Russia is a bureaucracy drowning in a sea of paperwork and regulations that could take months – possibly years – to wade through. But there are ways to expedite the process. Knowing the ins and outs of becoming established in Russia can save a digital marketer tons of time and money. This can include having a person or firm working for you in Russia or employing Russian-speaking people in your marketing department.
A wise digital marketer may also consider translating his or her website into Russian to attract more visitors or to make the site searchable via Yandex, which is the biggest search tool in the country.
There are many ways to avoid the traps and pitfalls of expanding into the Russian and other Eastern European markets. Knowing these can make the process easier, less frustrating and more successful.