Meet the Expert
President, ClearAction LLC
- 20 years in customer experience leadership, guiding companies in cross-organizational engagement for CX innovation and improving marketing organization efficiency and effectiveness.
- Managed customer experience improvement and marketing at Fortune 250 firms Sonoco (packaging) and Applied Materials (semiconductor); led 20-country task force to design Sonoco customer satisfaction methodology.
- On a panel of 17 CX experts for the CXPA; one of ten featured columnists for CustomerThink; number six all-time author on CustomerThink.com.
- Invited by IBM BigDataHub, SDL InsideCXM, SAP, MyCustomer, ClienteerHub, SearchCRM, CXPA, KCBS and others to contribute customer experience expertise.
- Consulting clients have included: Adobe, Allegion, Anritsu, Applied Materials, Cisco, Ingersoll Rand, Kaiser, SunPower, Thomson Reuters.
- Named to "Global Gurus: World's Top 30 Customer Experience Professionals;" SAP's "Top 60 Customer Experience Influencers;" Onanalytica's "Top 100 Influencers of Customer Experience & Big Data."
Session Packages from $400
Your Expert Package Includes:
- All 7 Best Practices
- Pre-Call Discovery Process
- One-on-One Call with Expert
- Session Summary Report
- Post-Session Engagement
Enabling Customer Experience ROI
President, ClearAction LLC
- Agile innovation methodology
- Rapid development of a novel idea through an iterative series of short prototyping and customer evaluation processes. Everything is kept as small and lean as possible (idea, prototype, time intervals) to reach success faster.
- Joint product development efforts with customers.
- Customer experience
- All interactions people have with or about a solution; includes messages, people, processes, policies, prices, products and service.
- Customer experience journey map
- A pictorial representation of a customer’s thoughts and actions while shopping for or using a product or service.
- Customer experience management
- The discipline of treating your customer relationships as assets with the goal of engaging customers as brand advocates.
- Customer touch points
- Customer touch points represent all of the opportunities that customers have to interact with the solution provider or that provider's messages, products and services.
- Ease of doing business
- Customers' perception of nuisance-free processes to select, get and use a solution for their life or business.
- Internal branding
- An understanding by each employee, supplier, and alliance partner regarding their specific impact on external customer experience.
- Leading indicators vs. lagging indicators
- A leading indicator is an internal process metric that can be tracked by a manager before stakeholders (customers/bosses/public) see its results. A lagging indicator is any metric that can be seen by stakeholders. The performance of leading indicators is predictive of lagging indicators.
- Net promoter score
- A way of summarizing voice-of-the-customer; defined as the percentage of customers who would recommend a brand minus the percentage who would not.
- One-sided vs. mutual value creation
- Mutual value creation is value that is appreciated by both parties of a transaction. One-sided value creation means one party benefits while another party does not.
- User experience
- Intuitive and inviting environment for customers’ use of the product or service, or for exploration and purchase of the product or service, e.g. retail store or website.
Enabling Customer Experience ROI: Defined Terms