- 30 years experience in grain-based food manufacturing.
- Has worked for Kellogg, Quaker Oats, Wenger Mfg. and consulted with food manufacturers worldwide.
- Offers broad spectrum of knowledge and experience in the production of grain-based foods as well as intricacies of the equipment involved in processing these foods.
- All 7 Best Practices
- Pre-Call Discovery Process
- One-on-One Call with Expert
- Session Summary Report
- Post-Session Engagement
Grain-Based Food Processing
Risks & Opportunities
Successful grains processing operations understand the complexity of transforming raw grain into packaged foods. Management that glosses over the critical elements of quality control, process and formulation integrity, safety and routine maintenance expose themselves to:
- Fewer opportunities to expand and diversify.
- Potentially devastating food safety compromises.
- Higher variable costs.
- Line and component breakdowns and down time.
- Unacceptable efficiency scores.
- Product quality lapses/inconsistency.
- Missed market opportunities.
Though facing sharper challenges, the grains-based foods industry has a bright future. To reach its potential the industry will have to focus on quality, consistency and variety. Grains processors who orient every aspect of their processing operation to delivering that efficiently and responsibly can set themselves up to:
- Seize emerging markets for new generations of grain-based foods.
- Develop and further refine new, more efficient processes and formulations.
- Improve bottom line performance in a competitive industry.
- Expand production to meet demand.
- Operate with confidence that quality and safety won’t be compromised.
- Better control labor costs.
- Limit downside risks from product recalls.