Meet the Expert
President and CEO, Tosk, Inc.
- Silicon Valley entrepreneur, board member, and private investor. Extensive experience in founding and financing new companies and improving the performance of existing companies.
- Previously served as CEO, Chairman, COO or CFO of four successful startup companies that achieved an exit for investors, either through M&A or IPO.
- Functional areas of expertise include: general management, product development, fundraising, licensing, finance, marketing strategy, and governance.
- Specialties: Managing the start-up and high growth process, research and product development strategy, team-building, and M&A/IPO preparation and implementation.
Session Packages from $500
Your Expert Package Includes:
- All 10 Best Practices
- Pre-Call Discovery Process
- One-on-One Call with Expert
- Session Summary Report
- Post-Session Engagement
Starting a successful venture around an innovation requires inventors and founders who can:
- Communicate a heartfelt belief in the innovation that inspires interest and enthusiasm from potential investors, employees and other stakeholders.
- Recruit and manage a leadership team with complementary skill sets who can help bring the innovation through development.
- Prove the viability of the innovation, and its likelihood of succeeding in the marketplace.
- Protect the innovation from competition long enough to establish a position in the marketplace.
- Take a realistic approach to ascertaining the costs and time needed for testing and development.
- Keep an open mind when it comes to the actual value of the innovation.
- Balance between flexibility and tenacity when responding to changes in the market.
- Maintain a "laser focus" that keeps things moving forward, even if not always on a linear path.
Starting a New Venture with Innovations that Create Competitive Advantage in Large Markets: Skills