Communication is the action verb of leadership. It's the means that leaders use to persuade others to believe, to join, to act.Persuasive communications is critical to business success. Business professionals must be prepared to succeed in press events, client or investor conferences, roadshows, tradeshows, speeches or business pitches.
They must also count on communication skills and techniques to bring discipline and alignment to their organization's branding, positioning and public relations.
Meet the Expert
Associate, Butterfield Speaks
San Francisco, CA
- Communication, presentation, and media training
- Combines business, teaching and acting acumen to enable clients to deliver targeted and persuasive messages and presentations
- Clients include Genentech, AAA, Kaiser Permanente, Fenwick & West, and gaming companies
Associate • Butterfield Speaks
2011 — Present
- Helps business leaders, legal teams, physicians, innovators, and creative talent develop and deliver persuasive messages and inspirational stories
- Individual and group presentation and communications skills coaching
- Needs include product launches, funding pitches, financial presentations, thought leadership speeches, IPO roadshows, book tours, courtroom testimony
- Clients include Genentech, AAA, Kaiser Permanente, Fenwich & West
Director • American Conservatory Theater
1994 — 2013
- Director of Studio A.C.T. (2007-2013)
- develops academic programs, hires faculty, and screens prospective students
- Teaches acting and performers to actors and non-actors, the latter typically business professionals seeking to become more comfortable with public speaking
- A.C.T. serves 3,000 students every year - the first actor training program in the United States not affiliated with a college or university accredited to award a master of fine arts degree
- Taught more than 4,000 students during the last 20 years, through affiliations with A.C.T., Academy of Art University, Berkeley Repertory Theater, and California Shakespeare Theater
- Performed in more than 60 plays in the San Francisco Bay Area
American Conservatory Theater
MFA, Acting, 1993
St. Lawrence University
BA, Theater Arts, 1988
What People Are Saying About Andrew
I wanted to develop an engaging elevator pitch to deliver to friends, colleagues and business connections. Andrew Hurteau brought new ideas to our discussion, and helped me use Powerbites to deliver my business messages richly and succinctly. What a valuable conversation!
Packages with Andrew starting from $400
Your Expert Package Includes:
Access to ALL Best Practices authored by TrustedPeer Expert Andrew Hurteau on this topic.
Pre-Meeting Discovery Process
Review and analysis of your issue with pre-meeting discovery questions by Andrew, followed by a 30- or 60-minute one-on-one call. Sample
Your (+colleagues) meeting is directed and focused from the first minute.
Meeting Summary Report
After your call, Andrew completes a Meeting Summary Report to provide you with the session’s discussion topics, analysis, assessment and recommendations for next steps. Sample
After your meeting, continue your relationship with Andrew on your own, or with TrustedPeer’s support.