Reprinted from TrustedPeer
Meet the Editor
Writer, Director, Producer, Boathouse Productions
- Writer, director, producer of award-winning feature films, television commercials and high-end corporate films.
- National marketing manager and advertising executive for The Wall Street Journal.
- Three decades in business communications, B2B sales, marketing, management, fundraising and promotion.
Writer, Director, Producer • Boathouse Productions
Jan, 2006 — Present
- Multi-platform creator & producer of 35 mm and HD motion pictures, scripted series, commercials, corporate films, marketing programs, workshops & events.
Writer, Director, Producer • Christmas In The Clouds
Jan, 1996 — Nov, 2005
- Wrote, directed & produced award-winning independent romantic comedy set on an American Indian Reservation. Shot on location at The Sundance Resort in Utah. World premiere at the 2001 Sundance Film Festival.
- Won the Time/Warner Audience Award at the Austin Film Festival, a Luminaria at the Santa Fe Film Festival, was the Annual Member Screening at the Mill Valley Film Festival and voted “Audience Favorite” at festivals in Vancouver, Philadelphia & Ft. Lauderdale.
- Endorsed & promoted by Oprah Winfrey and Roger Ebert, the film has an 81% favorable rating from “Top Critics” on Rotten Tomatoes. U.S. Theatrical Release: 2005, DVD: 2006.
Writer, Director, Producer • Montgomery Productions
Feb, 1988 — Jan, 1994
- Produced award-winning projects for Apple Computer, Disney, MTV, The Wall Street Journal, The Wall Street Journal/Europe, and Lincoln Mercury.
Marketing Manager, National Advertising Executive • The Wall Street Journal
Jul, 1980 — Mar, 1988
- Created, marketed & managed new cost-effective non-traditional consumer marketing programs.
- Secured $19+ million per year in print, broadcast and direct mail for which The Journal paid on a commission per order basis.
- Secured Fortune 500 co-sponsorship on programs that generated 10,000+ new paid subscribers annually.
- Interviewed famous entrepreneurs (Michael Mondavi, Bill Gates) for The Journal’s testimonial ad campaign.
- In Advertising Sales, managed relationships with clients & built new business with Fortune 100-500 companies in financial services, high tech, hospitality, food & beverage, automotive and retail with $3+ million in annual billings. Consistently surpassed sales goals.
Sweet Briar College
B.A. History, History, Studio Art, 1977
Academic HonorsCum Laude
- Time-Warner Audience Award, 2001 Austin Film Festival
- Luminaria Award, 2001 Santa Fe Film Festival
- Board Member, Weengushk Film Institute, Canada, 2012
- Co-Founder & Committee Chair: "Chase the Blues," annual benefit for Children's Hospital, Oakland (now U.C.S.F. Benioff Children's Hospital, Oakland) 2002-2009. Raised more than $1 million for Children's Hospital with six consecutive annual events.
- Co-Founder & Producer: "Christmas In The Clouds For Schools," 2005. Raised $350,000 for schools with benefit screenings of the film.
- Weengushk Film Institute, Screenwriting Lecturer, 2012