Non-bank Residential Mortgage Lenders and Originators (RMLOs) have only recently been added to the Anti-Money Laundering requirements of the Bank Secrecy Act.
The first step for an RMLO in creating an effective AML program is conducting a well-documented risk assessment.
- 30 years of financial industry experience including AML compliance and training, securities firm operations and management
- 15 years of AML compliance advisory and education experience in the financial services industry
- Directed Securities Industry Institute at the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania and other SIFMA training for member firms
- Faculty for Certified Compliance Regulatory Professional (CCRP) at Lubin School of Business, Pace University, ACAMS CAMS-Audit Certification, IMTC Compliance Certification Course, and ComplianceOnline
- Industry arbitrator for FINRA
- AML compliance services, including risk analysis and assessments, remediations, corrective action plans, lookbacks, AML training, and fraud prevention programs and assessments.
- Conducts assessments of Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)/Anti-Money Laundering (AML) compliance programs.
- Serves as an industry arbitrater through FINRA Dispute Resolution and an expert witness in civil suits.
- Deliver AML audits and services to broker-dealers and non-bank financial institutions.
- Oversaw investor education, professional education, public trust and confidence initiatives and training
- Managed curriculum development for Securities Industry Institute™ at the Wharton School of Business, University of Pennsylvania
- Presented financial educational programs to Congressional aids to build competencies as foundation for financial education
- Educated membership in understanding U.S.A. PATRIOT Act training requirements
- Acquired by Wells Fargo Securities
- Managed flagship mega-branch in Chicago, responsible for operations, compliance, sales, client services, recruiting and resource management.
- Thomson McKinnon acquired by Prudential Securities in 1989
- Midwest Regional Administrative Manager for then-top 20 securities firm
- Board of Directors, Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS), Northern NJ Chapter
- ACAMS Securities Task Force
- ACAMS Advanced Audit Certification Committee
- ACAMS Education Committee
- ACAMS CAMS Audit Advanced Certification Program - January, 2013
- ACAMS, "Focus on Non-Depository Institutions: Preparing for Independent AML Audits: - February, 2013
- ACAMS CAMS Audit Advanced Certification Program - March, 2013
- Pace University, "History & Application of BSA /AML/OFAC Regulatory Landscape" - April, 2013
- MetricStream, "Risk-Based AML Audit Programs" - June, 2013
- ComplianceOnline, " Managing an Effective BSA/AML Program" - June, 2013
- "Audit Techniques and Tools", ACAMS International Money Laundering Conference, March, 2013
- ACAMS Advanced AML Audit Certification (CAMS Audit), Leesburg, VA, January, 2013
- ACAMS, "Best Practices to Improve AML Audit Processes" - March, 2013
- ACAMS, "Securities Focus: Mastering the Essentials" - March, 2013
- "Performing an IT Audit: Know the Challenges to Maintain Sound Operations” Seminar, March, 2013
- ACAMS, "Focus on AML Audit: Improving Practices & Procedures" - May, 2013
- ACAMS, " AML Essentials: Examining the Key Components of an Effective AML Risk Assessment Model" - May, 2013
- Adjunct Faculty of Certified Compliance Regulatory Professional (CCRP), Lubin School of Business, Pace University
- Faculty of ACAMS CAMS-Audit Advanced AML Audit Certification program
- Faculty of IMTC Compliance Certification Course
- Faculty of ComplianceOnline
Practical Compliance and Risk Management for the Securities Industry, published by Wolters Kluwer Financial Services: "AML Primer for Practical Compliance and Risk Management in the Securities Industry"
What People Are Saying About Laura
Emerald Bay Wealth Management, LLC