Money laundering isn't just a worry for banks – many small businesses are touched by money launderers.
Dealers in precious metals, stones or jewels are especially vulnerable.
In addition to AML compliance, dealers are subject to Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) sanctions screening as required by the U.S. Treasury.
Both the IRS and the state where you conduct business will perform periodic examinations, and a review of your AML compliance program will be included.
Meet the Expert
President & Founder, AML Audit Services, LLC
Morris Plains, NJ
- 30 years of financial industry experience including AML compliance and training, securities firm operations and management
- 15 years of AML compliance advisory and education experience in the financial services industry
- Directed Securities Industry Institute at the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania and other SIFMA training for member firms
- Faculty for Certified Compliance Regulatory Professional (CCRP) at Lubin School of Business, Pace University, ACAMS CAMS-Audit Certification, IMTC Compliance Certification Course, and ComplianceOnline
- Industry arbitrator for FINRA
President • AML Audit Services, LLC
2005 — Present
- AML compliance services, including risk analysis and assessments, remediations, corrective action plans, lookbacks, AML training, and fraud prevention programs and assessments.
- Conducts assessments of Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)/Anti-Money Laundering (AML) compliance programs.
- Serves as an industry arbitrater through FINRA Dispute Resolution and an expert witness in civil suits.
- Deliver AML audits and services to broker-dealers and non-bank financial institutions.
Managing Director • Securities Industry Association
1998 — 2005
- Oversaw investor education, professional education, public trust and confidence initiatives and training
- Managed curriculum development for Securities Industry Institute™ at the Wharton School of Business, University of Pennsylvania
- Presented financial educational programs to Congressional aids to build competencies as foundation for financial education
- Educated membership in understanding U.S.A. PATRIOT Act training requirements
Vice President • EVEREN Securities Inc.
1991 — 1998
- Acquired by Wells Fargo Securities
- Managed flagship mega-branch in Chicago, responsible for operations, compliance, sales, client services, recruiting and resource management.
Manager • Prudential Securities
1979 — 1991
- Thomson McKinnon acquired by Prudential Securities in 1989
- Midwest Regional Administrative Manager for then-top 20 securities firm
Queen's College, City University of New York
Licenses & Certifications
CAMS - Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist
CFE - Certified Fraud Examiner
- Board of Directors, Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS), Northern NJ Chapter
- ACAMS Securities Task Force
- ACAMS Advanced Audit Certification Committee
- ACAMS Education Committee
- ACAMS CAMS Audit Advanced Certification Program - January, 2013
- ACAMS, "Focus on Non-Depository Institutions: Preparing for Independent AML Audits: - February, 2013
- ACAMS CAMS Audit Advanced Certification Program - March, 2013
- Pace University, "History & Application of BSA /AML/OFAC Regulatory Landscape" - April, 2013
- MetricStream, "Risk-Based AML Audit Programs" - June, 2013
- ComplianceOnline, " Managing an Effective BSA/AML Program" - June, 2013
- "Audit Techniques and Tools", ACAMS International Money Laundering Conference, March, 2013
- ACAMS Advanced AML Audit Certification (CAMS Audit), Leesburg, VA, January, 2013
- ACAMS, "Best Practices to Improve AML Audit Processes" - March, 2013
- ACAMS, "Securities Focus: Mastering the Essentials" - March, 2013
- "Performing an IT Audit: Know the Challenges to Maintain Sound Operations” Seminar, March, 2013
- ACAMS, "Focus on AML Audit: Improving Practices & Procedures" - May, 2013
- ACAMS, " AML Essentials: Examining the Key Components of an Effective AML Risk Assessment Model" - May, 2013
- Adjunct Faculty of Certified Compliance Regulatory Professional (CCRP), Lubin School of Business, Pace University
- Faculty of ACAMS CAMS-Audit Advanced AML Audit Certification program
- Faculty of IMTC Compliance Certification Course
- Faculty of ComplianceOnline
Practical Compliance and Risk Management for the Securities Industry, published by Wolters Kluwer Financial Services: "AML Primer for Practical Compliance and Risk Management in the Securities Industry"
What People Are Saying About Laura
Laura Goldzung is a total compliance professional. I am sure she wakes up in the middle of the night screaming regulatory code section numbers out loud.
Emerald Bay Wealth Management, LLC
Emerald Bay Wealth Management, LLC
Packages with Laura starting from $400
Your Expert Package Includes:
Access to ALL Best Practices authored by TrustedPeer Expert Laura Goldzung on this topic.
Pre-Meeting Discovery Process
Review and analysis of your issue with pre-meeting discovery questions by Laura, followed by a 30- or 60-minute one-on-one call. Sample
Your (+colleagues) meeting is directed and focused from the first minute.
Meeting Summary Report
After your call, Laura completes a Meeting Summary Report to provide you with the session’s discussion topics, analysis, assessment and recommendations for next steps. Sample
After your meeting, continue your relationship with Laura on your own, or with TrustedPeer’s support.