The explosion of digital media means there are more opportunities than ever for companies and organizations to get press coverage.
But too many companies don’t understand how the media works in the digital age or how to generate good press for themselves.
Media training can help companies and organizations recognize the opportunities, make successful pitches and generate the kind of coverage they want.
A key element is identifying and training key people who can be persuasive and effective spokespeople, and coaching them on how to do well in interviews.
- Award winning journalist with nearly 30 years experience in radio and television
- A CNN correspondent for 18 years, covering top stories in domestic and world news
- Media trainer top business leaders and celebrities
- Clients have included: Ocean Conservancy, the Bertelsmann Foundation, Patricia Harrison - President of the Corporation of Public Broadcasting; Miriam Rivera - former VP Google; Heidi Roizen -TiVo Board of Directors; Brad Feld - Author/Venture capitalist;
- Produce online videos, create curriculum and manage online entrepreneurship courses
- Hold weekly global live chats with celebrated entrepreneurs
- Manage social media and branding
- Media training and video production company geared toward training experts to handle any media situation
- On-camera training, crisis management and production services including online education courses
- Media strategy firm and networking site which allowed journalists to sample potential sources with video of vetted interview-ready subject matter experts
- Covered domestic and world news ranging from war to natural disasters and tales of crime and politics
- Stories included the network’s coverage of the 2008 Presidential election and the arrests and trials of the Unabomber, Michael Jackson and Scott Peterson
- Covered the devastating aftermath of Hurricane Katrina and reported from the eye of the storm during Hurricane Ike
- In the San Francisco bureau, reported on political intrigue and financial stories from Silicon Valley
- International coverage included the G-8 summit in Kananaskis, Canada, the war in Kosovo and the political crisis in Haiti and refugees fleeing from Cuba
- Central San Joaquin Valley California news service
- Alfred I. duPont-Columbia Award, 2006, for CNN coverage of South Asia tsunami
- Peabody Award, 2006, CNN coverage of Hurricane Katrina
- Emmy Award, 1995, CNN coverage of Oklahoma City bombing
- ACE Award, 1994, CNN coverage of Waco siege
- Network Media Professional of the Year, 2002, awarded by California Health Facilities Network
- National Academy of Arts and Sciences Award - Contribution to 9/11 Coverage
- “Influencing the Headlines: Empowering Women in Media," Chicago, 2011 -
Panel Moderator for discussions among top PR executives and journalists
- Moderated interview with celebrated political analyst David Gergen at the World Business Forum, NYC Radio City Music Hall, 2010