The Office of Foreign Assets Controls enforces laws that apply to all U.S. businesses in regards to economic and trade sanctions
U.S. companies are prohibited from engaging in financial transactions with OFAC-targeted countries, businesses or individuals. OFAC laws also apply to foreign financial institutions that conduct U.S. dollar transactions.
Wal-Mart, Geico, the New York Yankees, ChevronTexaco and ESPN are among companies that have settled charges of illegal trading with countries such as Iraq, Cuba and others.
OFAC sanctions Best Practices can keep your company safe from exposure that could damage your reputation and bottom line.
- Spanish: Español
- Dutch: Nederlands
- OFAC and AML expertise delivered through independent audits, program design, alert backlog management, automated monitoring, KYC remediation, policies and procedures development, AML/financial crime conference program design, and AML training
- Client value enhanced by legal background, 18 years international business experience and fluency in English, Spanish, and Dutch
- Audit and consulting clients include: Aruba Bank, Banco Agricola, Fiserv, Global Cash Access, Keefe, and SafetyPay
- Training clients include: Bank of America, Capital One, Charles Schwab, Moneygram, Scotiabank, and UBS
- AMLSI provides consulting and training in the fields of AML and Combating Terrorist Financing (CTF).
- Manages AMLSI globally, conducting AML/Bank Secrecy Act/OFAC audits and consulting engagements at financial institutions in the U.S., Latin America and the Caribbean.
- AML policies and procedures, OFAC compliance, currency transaction reports, automated monitoring, agent/client due diligence, and AML Committee issues.
- Multi-media AML training courses attended by hundreds of financial instituions worldwide.
- Contracted as the Financial Crimes Advisor to Fiserv, Inc. (NASDAQ: FISV) a leading global provider of information management and electronic commerce systems for the financial services industry.
- Advised U.S., Latin American and Caribbean banks, prepaid card companies, and credit unions on setting parameters for suspicious activity monitoring, the algorithms for which were then built in to Fiserv's software for the client.
- ACAMS' first Executive Director, grew membership to over 4,000 members in 101 countries
- Developed the Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specists Program (CAMS), the AML industry's de facto credential program
- Co-authored the ACAMS certification exam study guide
- Associate Lawyer in Lima, Peru.
- As the only foreign attorney in this 80-person firm, acted as liaison with foreign clients doing work with the firm.
- Wrote civil and commercial law contracts.
- Assisted Dutch companies doing business in Peru.
- Worked with the Dutch Ministry of Economic Affairs in developing the Peruvian Economic Country Guide.
- ACAMS Examination Task Force (2009 - present)
- ACAMS Advisory Board (2006 - 2009)
- "Slide turning Solution for FATCA Drama", AML Services International webinar, January 2013.
- Presentation on Real-Life AML Enforcement Cases, ACAMS Annual European Money Laundering Conference, June 2012.
- "AML Program Breakdown - The HSBC Case Dissected", AML Services International webinar, March 2012.
- "Money Laundering Risk Classification for Clients", Peruvian Bankers Associaiton International Conference on Money Laundering, May 2011 (in Spanish).
- "Latin America: Corruption", ACAMS Annual International Conference, March 2013.
- "10 Years of AML Since the USA PATRIOT Act", ACAMS 10th International Money Laundering Conference, September 2011.
- Instructor, ACAMS Examination Preparation Seminar, March 2012 and 2013.
- Instructor, AML Compliance training seminars, online and on-site corporate training
What People Are Saying About Saskia