Professional Experience: B2B go-to-market executive with particular expertise in Indirect Channels. Blend of Sales, Marketing, and Demand Generation experience gained primarily at venture-backed software companies in Silicon Valley and NYC. 5 years involved with digital marketing solutions, and multi-channel ad agencies.
Sweet Spot: An executive position (VP or above) with a growth stage software business, with responsibility to identify and develop new revenue streams from an Indirect Channels charter, to compliment an already established Direct sales channel. Leading a team of 5 to 50 people.
What I’m good at:
- Strategic Go-To-Market Plan Development – With an emphasis on Demand Generation, Sales, and Indirect Channels
- Indirect Channels/Business Development – Identify and develop incremental revenue streams
- Sales – Direct, Indirect, Inside. Lead and build teams of quota carrying reps
- Demand Generation – Blend of traditional and digital marketing. Drive MQL contribution
- Sales Process Optimization – CRM best practices, Marketing alignment, training, measurement.
- Coaching and mentoring junior sales professionals
- All 7 Best Practices
- Pre-Call Discovery Process
- One-on-One Call with Expert
- Session Summary Report
- Post-Session Engagement
B2B Go-To-Market Sales and Demand Generation Strategies for New Market Initiatives
Risks & Opportunities
RisksCompanies who fail to follow Best Practices for go-to-market sales strategies risk the following:
- You can't make your sales goals because your sales team is spending more time in demand generation than working sales cycles.
- You miss out on new leads because your website is not well-developed as a lead acquisition tool, and your company isn't findable.
- You miss out on sales because you're not doing enough top-of-funnel nurturing of your prospects.
- Your best leads are lost to competitors before you even start a conversation.
- You spend too much time and money on travel and face-to-face meetings early in the sales conversation that are no longer expected.
- Your marketing and sales efforts are unfocused and distracted.
- You lose your best sales people because they are frustrated by a lack of support and unrealistic expectations.
OpportunitiesCompanies with effective go-to-market sales strategies have the following opportunities:
- With marketing and sales aligned, your sales-qualified leads increase, leading to increased sales.
- Your prospects who find you on the web are nurtured and converted to loyal customers when they are ready to buy.
- Your direct sales effort is properly supported, well-organized, cost effective and highly successful.
- Your steadfast focus on your target market wins your company a leadership position in that market.
- Your marketing data base is constantly growing, fueling your demand generation efforts across all channels, leading to predictable growth of well qualified leads.
- Your indirect sales channels are optimized, leading to further growth and expansion.
- Sales productivity is increased due to more times spent on high-quality leads.