Professional Experience: B2B go-to-market executive with particular expertise in Indirect Channels. Blend of Sales, Marketing, and Demand Generation experience gained primarily at venture-backed software companies in Silicon Valley and NYC. 5 years involved with digital marketing solutions, and multi-channel ad agencies.
Sweet Spot: An executive position (VP or above) with a growth stage software business, with responsibility to identify and develop new revenue streams from an Indirect Channels charter, to compliment an already established Direct sales channel. Leading a team of 5 to 50 people.
What I’m good at:
- Strategic Go-To-Market Plan Development – With an emphasis on Demand Generation, Sales, and Indirect Channels
- Indirect Channels/Business Development – Identify and develop incremental revenue streams
- Sales – Direct, Indirect, Inside. Lead and build teams of quota carrying reps
- Demand Generation – Blend of traditional and digital marketing. Drive MQL contribution
- Sales Process Optimization – CRM best practices, Marketing alignment, training, measurement.
- Coaching and mentoring junior sales professionals
- All 7 Best Practices
- Pre-Meeting Discovery Process
- One-on-One Call with Expert
- Meeting Summary Report
- Post-Meeting Engagement
B2B Go-To-Market Sales and Demand Generation Strategies for New Market Initiatives
- A general understanding of and an ability to implement software technology for CRM and marketing automation such as Salesforce, Marketo, Eloqua and Act-on.
- General understanding of inbound marketing via multi-channel and digital marketing, including paid search, SEO, social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter), display and retargeting, plus inside phone-based teams.
- Ability to make changes to your company website to add new content for downloading, track visitors and integrate with marketing automation software.
- An open, honest, highly-collaborative approach to the working relationship between the heads of your marketing and sales teams.
- A general understanding of outbound marketing for demand generation.
- An appreciation and acknowledgement of the "delayed gratification" required for long-term, sustained growth.