Professional Experience: B2B go-to-market executive with particular expertise in Indirect Channels. Blend of Sales, Marketing, and Demand Generation experience gained primarily at venture-backed software companies in Silicon Valley and NYC. 5 years involved with digital marketing solutions, and multi-channel ad agencies.
Sweet Spot: An executive position (VP or above) with a growth stage software business, with responsibility to identify and develop new revenue streams from an Indirect Channels charter, to compliment an already established Direct sales channel. Leading a team of 5 to 50 people.
What I’m good at:
- Strategic Go-To-Market Plan Development – With an emphasis on Demand Generation, Sales, and Indirect Channels
- Indirect Channels/Business Development – Identify and develop incremental revenue streams
- Sales – Direct, Indirect, Inside. Lead and build teams of quota carrying reps
- Demand Generation – Blend of traditional and digital marketing. Drive MQL contribution
- Sales Process Optimization – CRM best practices, Marketing alignment, training, measurement.
- Coaching and mentoring junior sales professionals
- All 7 Best Practices
- Pre-Meeting Discovery Process
- One-on-One Call with Expert
- Meeting Summary Report
- Post-Meeting Engagement
B2B Go-To-Market Sales and Demand Generation Strategies for New Market Initiatives
- Bill of materials. A list of the raw materials necessary to make a finished product.
- Funnel marketing
- A customer-focused marketing model that follows the buyer through the full cycle, from initial interest to purchase. The top of the funnel is when the customer first becomes aware of the brand.
- Inbound marketing
- Inbound marketing refers to marketing activities that bring visitors in rather than marketers having to go out to get the prospect's attention. Prospect attention is earned via the ease of being found through various web channels.
- Key performance indicators.
- Marketing data base. A complete list of all your company's customers, prospects and targets with their contact information, title, email address, and corporate information.
- Marketing qualitifed leads.
- Cookie-based technology that follows a prospect who has visited your website all over the web and runs paid ads for your company at certain intervals.
- Sales cycle and "moving the sales cycle"
- The buying-decision sequence, beginning with their initial awareness of a product or service, and including all subsequent steps through purchase.
- Search engine optimization. A way for companies to improve their visibility online by optimizing to have their company's website come up when certain web searches are initiated.
- Sales qualified leads.
- Top of Funnel Marketing
- A customer-focused marketing model that follows the buyer through the full cycle, from initial interest to purchase. The top of the funnel is when the customer first becomes aware of the brand. (same as funnel marketing).