Meet the Expert
Birgit Anderegg PhD
- 20+ years hands-on and strategic experience in EU and U.S. life science environment: managing positions in pharmaceutical companies, startup technology enterprises and academic research.
- Specializes in partnering therapeutics, biomarkers and companion diagnostics, e.g. in CNS, ENT and ophthalmology; provides strategic management consulting for pharmaceutical and biotech companies, including turn-around situations and situations that call for change management.
- Clients have included: academic labs on the verge of spinning out a service-providing or technological entity; tech transfer offices of academic research organizations; entrepreneurial start-ups; biotech companies at various R&D stages; pharma companies in temporary need of strategy assessment or with a gap in alliance management; chemical companies expanding their strategic portfolios to API for the therapeutic life science industry; patient adherence program specialists.
- Geography of clients: Germany, Spain, The Netherlands, Israel, USA, Australia, New Zealand.
- Expert Reviewer to the European Commission, reviewing grant applications in Life Science/SME-relevant fields.
Meeting Packages from $450
Your Meeting Package Includes:
- All 7 Best Practices
- Pre-Meeting Discovery Process
- One-on-One Call with Expert
- Meeting Summary Report
- Post-Meeting Engagement
Business Development and Out-Licensing for Life Sciences Companies
Successfully shepherding a BD&L initiative demands a solid understanding of the science in question. But what will go an even longer way is an even deeper understanding and appreciation of the elements of effective communication. Communications styles, people skills and abilities that matter and produce results include:
- The art of negotiation – the ability to argue a position while understanding the stance of the other party.
- Team building – the ability to bring together various functional elements of an organization into a focused team effort.
- Persuasion – the ability to build and make a case for a deal in a way that speaks to the needs of the other party.
- Education – the ability to teach science-oriented SME staff the elements of effective negotiation.
- Empathy – the ability to put oneself in another’s shoes, critical to building the rapport needed for serious negotiations.
Business Development and Out-Licensing for Life Sciences Companies: Skills