Meet the Expert
President, DML Associates, LLC
- Internationally recognized expert on Terrorist Financing with client banks ranging from small (Regions Bank, Ally Bank) to multi-national (J.P. Morgan Chase, Bank of America, Goldman Sachs, Merrill Lynch)
- As the FBI's Chief of Terrorist Financing Operations Section, conceived of and directed the initiative that identified the funding of the 9/11 attacks
- Provides topical insights to Congressional committees and to media outlets including: The Wall Street Journal, CNBC, and CBS
- Expertise in delivering investigative intelligence, risk advisory consultations, litigation support services, compliance risk and assessment, and educational seminars and training
Session Packages from $400
Your Expert Package Includes:
- All 7 Best Practices
- Pre-Call Discovery Process
- One-on-One Call with Expert
- Session Summary Report
- Post-Session Engagement
Risks & Opportunities
- An organization failing to achieve Best Practices for countering terrorist financing risks its brand reputation.
- Failure to follow Best Practices can lead to financial losses on five levels:
- The fraud itself may result in a loss of financial loss of assets.
- Regulators may require an exhaustive and time-consuming audit or review, they may levy fines, or both.
- The U.S. Government may seize assets.
- Significant legal exposure may be generated.
- The company may face a long and costly journey back to good standing.
- Regulatory pressure may arise out of even minor failings of an AML compliance program.
- Failure to achieve Best Practices can have an adverse impact on national security.
- An organization capable of implementing and demonstrating best practices for AML Terrorist and Threat Financing is able to enhance its brand and business.
- Some of the best run AML programs have created new operational efficiencies as organizations implement stronger training programs and prepare a wider set of business functions and personnel to lead on the "front lines" of the program.
- Organizations that achieve best practices become leaders in their industry. They are often recognized by regulators and/or at conferences, offering the institutions a means to highlight key personnel and leaders.
- Robust AML programs, anchored by sound best practices, serve to enhance our national security by making it more difficult for terrorists and transnational organized criminal groups to access funds to sustain their operations.
Counter-Terrorist Financing - Compliance Program: Risks & Opportunities