- Board member for companies seeking expertise in social, mobile, cloud and big data.
- Strategic advisor to company leaders wanting to pivot their business models to benefit from digital technologies. Clients include (past and present) AT&T, Microsoft, GE Healthcare, Deloitte, ESPN, and Goldman Sachs.
- Technology investor in social, mobile, cloud and big data companies; portfolio companies manage 15,000 social networks with 40 million members for 150 leading brands.
- Author and speaker: co-authored 5 books and 20 ebooks; published 1,100 articles; appeared on CNN, CNBC, NPR, and Bloomberg TV; delivered 500+ keynote speeches globally.
- All 7 Best Practices
- Pre-Meeting Discovery Process
- One-on-One Call with Expert
- Meeting Summary Report
- Post-Meeting Engagement
Crossing the Digital Divide: Harnessing the Power of Networks to Quadruple Value
Risks & Opportunities
The greatest risk a company faces with respect to the digital revolution is the failure of the leadership to recognize and respond to the technological and business model change that is occurring. Leaders need to change themselves before they can expect others to follow.
One of the greatest risks a company faces when it wants to innovate with respect to its business model is around its investments in its future. From a business model perspective, companies need to learn to invest in the long asset.
The world is moving horizontally. The cloud and the mobile, social network is the future. We are now defined by the networks we keep. Five and a half billion of us are now connected on mobile networks, while 1.6 billion people use social networks.
If this is the future, then companies need to embrace that opportunity. They need to embrace networks as their lifeblood, as a way of being. Among the greatest opportunities any company faces today is to build their network. If your firm embraces networks, then you have the opportunity to scale your business through their collective intelligence capability.